Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
First time poster. Great message board!!!

I will be visiting San Pedro in March for a veterinary conference. I will be leaving my wife and 6 year old twins for the first time. What kind of phone card may I use in San Pedro and are some more econominal than others? Thank you for your help.

Dave

It was my experience that the one I bought in the states didn't work....wait till ya get there and buy one.

T
T
amen to that....i bought a handful at dfw and couldn't use a single one....if you are going thru an airport and see someone urinating on one of those machines, don't be alarmed just warned....

I bought an MCI calling card at Costco and it worked just fine. The cost was $1.50 per minute. One other option is to use one of the internet stores on the island that offer phone service. I think they charge around $1.50 a minute also.

S
S
I was looking to but a phone card from a website I found sppedypin.com. I haven't tried it yet. has anyone tried this card. It appears they sell an MCI world traveler phone card with a rate of 68 cents/minute from Belize to USA. http://speedypin.com/phone/cards?originationcountry=Belize&destinationcountry=USA+-+Continental

The easiest way is to go into one of several internet cafes in SP. Most, if not all, by now have the protocol that allows clear long distance calls to the States. You give them the number, they dial it, and hand you a cordless phone and you are good to go. The price has been dropping in the last year and it seems that it is somewhere between .60 and .75 US per minute. This works, therefore a far better option than a calling card that may or may not.

Yepper...internet cafe is a way good way to go...plus you can either have a cup of coffee or a panty ripper while you are talking! Depending on the time of day, or your attitude!

M
M
Question about the internet Cafes, are any of them wireless? I have a IP phone that would work mighty nice.

For those in town Coconet internet Cafe and for those south Island Internet both 50 us cents per minute-both have liquour licences

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.