Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
MTM Offline OP
OP Offline
M
For anyone interested in what's happened to the Paradise Resort Hotel, and what all that construction at the end of Front St is all about, I encourage you to visit the website of The Phoenix, the new resort we are building on The Paradise property.

www.thephoenixbelize.com

We're just launched a new version of the website in the last few days so that people can learn more about our project. We're pretty proud of the design and we're excited to be building a beautiful resort for visitors to Ambergris Caye to enjoy.

If people want more info on what's going on, they are welcome to stop by The Phoenix's office right on Middle St, across from the Fire Station. I'm there everyday and I'd be happy to explain everything that's going on.

Thanks,
Mark

J
J
HOW MUCH DO THEY COST!!!!!

The website says construction price $325K for a one bed, up to $505K for a 3 bed Hmmm, I think I liked walking through there on the sand, and having a beer at the bar on the beach. Progress I guess.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I
I
That song pops into my head when I look at the "new" version of PRH.

"They paved paradise...."

:rolleyes:

Rats!! By May it might all be paved over. Well, I'm certainly not the pillar of the economy but I was double shocked when I saw marshmallow creme poured over Mata Rocks. Remember when the major rule was "no flushing the TP".

PRH #5 . . .Marie . . oh no . . .

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

The almighty dollar rules again. Sucks. Never can leave a good thing alone.

Originally posted by MTM:
For anyone interested in what's happened to the Paradise Resort Hotel, and what all that construction at the end of Front St is all about, I encourage you to visit the website of The Phoenix, the new resort we are building on The Paradise property.
Ummmm...what is it I'm missing here? Some resort owners are building what appears to be a very impressive, upscale project on their own property and some non-locals with no property interests are up in arms about it?

What's wrong with progress and improvement? Maybe it'll bring some more much-needed dollars to the SP economy?

For those of you who haven't noticed, SP and AC are tourist destinations, existing on a tourist-based economy. What exactly do you expect to happen in such a scenario?

This is the normal progression you see in virtually all tourist-based economies. Look a little north.

If you want to keep experiencing the ambiance of smaller, less developed communities, you're always going to have to be willing to move along in your travels, in my observations.

SP's a LOT different place than it was 20 years ago. No one seems to be complaining about that. It ain't gonna' stop, folks.

* I Go Pogo *
catatonic motivator you hit the nail on the head .it is not going to stop .and progess ,will bring more jobs ,help the local economy.. can that be bad. some say they think not..who am I to say what can be done,on someones land in town.this gringo goes only once a month and is happy for the little things in life..and for sure I am a realist,and tourism is the life blood of sanpedro.

Living The Dream Every Day!
M
MTM Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I hear what people are saying about paradise being lost, and how people get annoyed when places they enjoyed change and grow into something different. In some ways it's nice to imagine places or people never changing and always being the way you remembered them, or experienced them.

But, I think the last two posts get at the reality that in the development on any community, especially one with a tourist-based economy, businesses growing or resorts building new facilities to accommodate the ever increasing # of people who want to visit or are interested in intelligent investments is a natural and understandable process. And at the same time, we're creating jobs and $ for locals and improving SP.

Even more so, when you consider that many of the thatch roof cabanas of the PRH were built 20, 30, or 40 years ago, you can understand when we took a good look at the condition of the buildings we realized things either needed major repair or we needed to rebuild. So we rebuilt. And we choose to design our resort with some flavor, with some style, in a manner that will add some cool architectural design to SP.

And remember, the people running this project ran the PRH for many years, and we'll do everything possible to create a similar, charming experience for visitors and locals, whether staying in our units or at our restaurant or bar or wherever. We remember why the PRH was so well respected in the community and enjoyed by vacationers, and we'll do everything possible to stay true to that.

So while on the surface our resort may be changing, rest assured the resort's spirit of offering guest the ideal place to relax in paradise with a drink in hand while taking in the Caribbean views and breeze remains as strong as ever.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.