Page 1 of 2 1 2
#96660 01/27/05 05:22 PM
J
Joel Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I will be in Ambergirs Caye in March and would like
to spend 1 day fishing with a guide. I found
belizefishfinder.com on the internet and e-mailed it. I received a reply from Alvaro Guerrero about
a 1 day fishing trip. Is anyone familiar with this
guide service? If not are there any suggestions.
Thanks

Hi Joel, I went flats fishing with Abby Marin,poled our way in thru the mangroves for bonefish,black snapper,red snapper,snook and anything else that bites.Fresh live minnows are the best,and a 6-8lb.test.

http://www.fishingsanpedro.com
We went out with Bicho last May and had a great time, and will be with him again on Feb 9th!

for those that have fished with cpt bicho, did you fish the flats or the reefs? if you have fished both, which did you prefer and which one did you catch more fish at?

We fished some areas both inside and outside the reef (it got rough, so we came back inside)and caught enough fish to feed 5 of us for lunch, with a lot left over. The thing I liked about Bicho was that he wouldn't hesitate to move around. If we got into a slow area, he wouldn't sit there all day hoping we got into some fish.

to answer all above capt bicho fishingsanpedro.com has two reef boats and one custom flats boat perfect for the shallow water.,I like reef fishing my self but I do flats some days have gone out and caught 15 bone fish in a 4 hour trip and had action galore but I like reef you never know whats going to bite or how big ,,capt bicho and his son capt nesta are a great team bicho is the guide for flats as he know every inch of the back water ,and is also the best in class here at reef fishing my opinion !!!!!!!!! . his son capt nesta loves to reef fish and has his secret spots as well following in his fathers foot steps .. I go each month with the family and love these guys ,you must try there full day with snorkel and famous all you can eat lobster bbq feast it will make you day ..also when you book capt bicho you get a crew of two to pamper you I like the extra service.they use new tackel and have the best of gear..go live the fishing dream and enjoy...

Living The Dream Every Day!
K
K
Hey Capt., missed you lately. Joel: lots of capable guides on the island and Bicho's a favorite of the reeffish,snorkel,bbq folks. I drag cold sandwiches along, leave at 6am and fish for 8 hours. Depends on what you're looking for. If you're of my "ilk" try Manuel Azueta through Tradewinds office, or Vincent Dawson at Ruby's. The latter is great on tarpon. The former is a permit-finder. Good luck. ps, when in march? i'm in the 10th-18th

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
krehfish,my buddy 8 hrs on a boat with bolgna sandwich's is to long a day for capt jeff ,i am getting to old.just got back ...my report to follow. when are you going down I want to fish with you ???? can not go march 10 to 18 ,?? want to take you to bicho's new secret new spot .killer fishing,when weather is good ..you will be my guest..and we will both be living the fishing dream..

Living The Dream Every Day!
F
F
Joel,
My husband and I fly fished with Severo Guerrero for 4 days in 2003. He was an excellent guide. We will use him again as a guide whenever we get the opprotunity to return to AC.

Add my endorsement to Severo too.

Went out with him and had a great time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.