Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#97076 02/07/05 07:58 PM
M
MarkHNH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We will be arriving on AC 4/26 for one week at Xanadu. I know it is not good to do too much scheduling and to just relax and enjoy. However, having only one week, there are certain things that we want to make sure we do.
We arrive on Tuesday. Hope to get a short snorkling trip in on Wednesday and spend the rest of the day getting into vacation mode.
On Sunday we will go to Church in the morning and probably hit BCs and Hammock house.
That leaves 4 days (Thurs, Fri, Sat and Mon) for the rest of the things we want to do.
- Water Taxi to Caye Caulker
- Fishing, Snorkeling, beach lunch trip.
- rent a golf cart for a day to explore.
Plus we want to fit in some more snorkeling while we are there.
My wife and I will leave a mainland trip for our next trip. Our friends that are coming with us may decide to take a ruins trip and aren't into snorkeling as much as we are.
And we thought that we would go to AC for a relaxing vacation.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Mark

S
S
Hi Mark
We will be leaving the day you arrive. I have never been before and can't wait, but from what I have read and the pictures I have seen, AC seems to be a very laid back and relaxed place. It seems to me that you can snorkel each morning on a half day trip if you wanted to, then see what the day has to offer. We like the look of Money Business for trips and they get great reviews. From what I gather, you can arrange a trip easily once you are there. It is often more fun to explore and see what each day brings you. Be be careful with the schedules or by the time you get into vacation mode you will be gone! We are planning several snorkeling trips, a zip line and cave tubing day and a whole lotta relaxing! I can't wait!

E
E
get there, take your watch off, settle in then contact Monkey Business at Banana Beach. Then WALA ! all your troubles are over ,,,,,

better yet, leave the watch at home!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
C
C
Comments? I wish I was going!

My advice is to let Martin and Susan at Xanadu book all your trips. Just let them know what you want to do, when, and consider it done. They will have a boat pick you up at the hotel dock. Most snorkeling trips are half day (4 hours)and you will be back at the hotel by lunch, or if you prefer, you can sleep late and get an afternoon trip.

Same for golf cart. Just let Martin know you want one, an hour or so ahead of time, and one will be delivered to your room. You don't have to worry about returning it, they will send someone to pick it up when your desired time has expired. BTW, a half day golf cart rental is 8 hours, plenty of time to explore.

Everyone says to leave your watch home, but we found all the tour boats to be remarkably punctual and they will leave without you if you are not ready. It makes the guides very surly if they have to walk up and get you from your room!

You can combine a fishing, snorkeling, beach BBQ trip with a stop at Cay Caulker for a couple hours. Do it all in one day in one trip.

M
MarkHNH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for all your responces.

CrackerLarry,

The idea of taking off my watch as others suggest is pretty scarey. I would hate to "miss the Boat" so to speak.
I had thought about the combined trip to include Caye Caulker. But, I had read some other reports that said that the combined trip did not give them enough time there and ended up going back. Thats why I am leaning toward taking the water taxi as a separate trip so that we can basically stay as long as we want.

Larry - It's good to know I'm not the only one who loves Xanadu. Of course I'm just a bit prejudiced... and I'll be there 2/26 - 3/6.

Susan's mom

Sandi
Hey Sassik: Are you Susan's mom of Roger and Susan?

S
S
okay, I give what or where is B.C.'s I see it spoken alot but nobody eludes to more than the fact that it is a great place. I'll be in belize the first week of march and can't wait . wouldn't want to miss anything.
thanks, sidnie

E
E
Sidnie, BCs is a beach bar located between The Palms and Sunbreeze Hotel. Anyone can direct you there. It is also a "Preferred Business", recommended by The San Pedro Social Club. BCs is a meeting place for most expats and visitors and the Sunday BBQ is to die for. You will make new friends there that could last a life time ! Visit our web site at www.sanpedrosc.org

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.