Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#97102 - 02/08/05 12:34 PM Grocery Stores on AC?
BUGMAN Offline
Will be staying in a house 3.5 miles south of SP. We've heard there's a convenience store below SP. How about grocery stores in SP? Any recommendations. How about hours? Open on Sundays? Do they take Visa Cards?

#97103 - 02/08/05 02:13 PM Re: Grocery Stores on AC?
CrackerLarry Offline
Marinas Market is south of town maybe 1.5 miles. They have a good selection of food and drink along with other necessities. They were open until 10pm IIRC and on Sunday. I doubt they take Visa.

#97104 - 02/08/05 02:56 PM Re: Grocery Stores on AC?
captjeff Offline
all the big super markets take visa .but not the small ones ..

#97105 - 02/08/05 03:40 PM Re: Grocery Stores on AC?
Richard Chambers Offline
There is also a good sized Grocery store close to the Fire station on the north end of town.
They are well supplied too. :p

#97106 - 02/08/05 05:23 PM Re: Grocery Stores on AC?
SimonB Offline
Sorry for the blatant plug but don't forget about our services at www.lagniappe-belize.com. You can pre-order your groceries etc. from home and have everything delivered in time for your arrival. That'll save you several trips and a half day running from store to store to find what you need. We figure it's better to spend your vacation time fishing, diving, lounging and exploring than grocery shopping.

We take VISA and MC, AMEX will come shortly.

#97107 - 02/08/05 09:16 PM Re: Grocery Stores on AC?
CrackerLarry Offline
Simon, I know your service is first rate and convenient so this is not meant as a slight towards you in any way. That being said, to me grocery shopping in a foreign country is part of the fun and experience of the trip. Stuff on the shevles we just don't see at home (what in hells dat?). I have to go in every store I see...usually buy something. Just part of the adventure!

#97108 - 02/09/05 02:21 AM Re: Grocery Stores on AC?
dexte@ Offline
If you get a chance stop by the bakery up by the cut...Cinnamon bread from GOD....also stop at the sausage factory....great bacon and sausage..owned by a couple of left coast gringos..

#97109 - 02/09/05 02:58 AM Re: Grocery Stores on AC?
Fluffy Offline
The bakery that dexte@ is referring to is La Poplar bakery. Awesome, awesome baked goods!

While at the Sausage Factory stop by Caye Coffee, right next door, and get yourself a hot cup of java!!

#97110 - 02/09/05 04:22 AM Re: Grocery Stores on AC?
dexte@ Offline
BTW last year I stayed up north...used lagniappe...first class...great to pull in after a long day and have a fridge full of beer and stuff to feed the kids...

#97111 - 02/09/05 04:33 AM Re: Grocery Stores on AC?
Chloe Offline
Bread pudding from the bakery is awesome too.

Coconut tarts, yummy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Marty, 3 invisible), 48 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,074 Topics
462,343 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.