Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#97124 02/08/05 11:10 AM
OP Offline
I know I have seen posts but haven't had any luck searching. Planning to cave tube and was wondering if we would need long pants for the trek thru the woods. Will comforatble water sandals be okay? If I remember right they provide dry bags we can put clothes in to put back on afterward, right ?? Planning to go with Jaguar Paw with the trip to the Belize Zoo afterward. Any input will be helpful !!

#97125 02/08/05 11:16 AM
Hey Phyllis: I wore a bathing suit and water shoes. I didn't need long pants as the path is really clear. I brought a zipped line baggy for my personal affects, money, camera etc. I was able to leave my other personal affects,like t-shirt and shorts behind and they locked them in the van.

#97126 02/08/05 11:34 AM
OP Offline
Fluffy: Did you go with Jaguar Paw from the island? We didn't have time to even think about a mainland trip last year, we are staying longer this year. Was wondering what time you leave the island and when you get back. Thanks a bunch!

#97127 02/08/05 02:44 PM
I went with a company called Tuff E Nuff. We left around 8:00 a.m. and returned around 5:30 p.m. Long day but well worth it.

#97128 02/08/05 05:36 PM
M
M
Teva Sandals are perfect for the trip, as a matter of fact that's the only shoes you really need on a trip to Belize. Easy off/on at the airports and beach.

#97129 02/09/05 10:35 PM
Just got back from 9 awesome days in San Pedro and Belize City. We did the cave tubing trip. Took a flight from San Pedro to Belize City ($24US) and then booked a tour to Jaguar Paw through BelizeNativeTours.com. Roberto is the owner and the best (hands down!) tour guide I've ever had. He really took the time to teach us about so many things in the rain forest. He is SO knowleadgable about it ALL. He knows the trail and the caves like the back of his hand and will tell you exactly where the low spots in the water are (and I quote.."butt up! butt up!). It was GREAT! He will answer any and all questions you can possibly come up with during the tours. He is very, very personable and seems to really enjoy what he is doing. He also took us on a Maya Ruins tour that was incredible. Again, his knowledge is priceless - I learned SO much from him. His contact number is 501-600-7171, or you can e-mail him at [email protected]. Tell him that Lisa from Nashville sent you. : ) To answer your original question...I wore water shoes and just put a pair of shorts and tank top on over my suit, for the walk through the rain forest. Roberto had a dry bag and put my clothes in the bag just before we got on the tubes. Your suit will be wet when you get done so you might want to bring something along to change into (unmentionables!) before you put your shorts/shirt back on. They have bathrooms/changing rooms on site. I left my jewelry and watch in the van and it was fine - very safe there. VERY IMPORTANT - take bug spray! The mosquitoes were not bad at all throughout our stay in San Pedro, but when we got deeper into the rain forrest they swarmed us and the bug spray (100% deet) saved us! We also took a little snack to eat before we got on the tubes, and I'm glad we did - I was hungry after our hike through the forrest. Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing time!

#97130 02/10/05 02:57 PM
OP Offline
Mountain Larry - I sooo agree. I brought several pair of shoes last year and only wore my flip flops and water shoes, less is best. I will bring a pair of footies for on the plane, last year my toes froze !!

AFotoGirl - that sounds like what we are looking for. It sounds like you arranged your transportation back to the mainland yourself, and stayed, do you think they would arrange the round trip transportation for us too? And with that Cave tubing adventure, were you also able to visit the Belize Zoo, I have hear it is pretty cool, so want to stop in. Did your trip include lunch, otherwise we could get some subs at D.D.'s Lunch Box for the trip. I noted their e-mail and will have to touch base with them when it gets closer, thanks a bunch.
Only about 65 more days!

#97131 02/13/05 05:01 PM
S
S
I went cave tubing last week with Searious Adventures and it was awesome. When you get to the river on the mainland you get a breakfast of johnny cakes, fresh fruits and mango juice(with or without rum). Then the bus takes you to the Belize zoo for about an hour, very intersting zoo and well worth the trip. Then arive at Jaguar's paw for a sit down lunch of very good chicken, rice and beans and cole slaw (the Belizean standard). They have a lock up for your stuff and some changing rooms. Water shoes or teva type sandals are perect.Then you hike for about 20 minutes on a trail through the broadleaf forest to the caves entrance. The water is slow now so it took about 90 minutes to tube through the caves. way cool. Bring a change of clothes if you like for the way back. They also provide plenty of beer and rum punch for the return trip. Searious has great guides. I highly recommend them. It's a long day of travel but well worth the trip for a unique experience. Enjoy

#97132 02/14/05 01:12 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for the input SnorkelG !! How did you get to the mainland and back, fly or boat? Wouldn't mind going by boat, do they arrange it for you or do you take the water taxi that goes to Caulker and get a cab to the river?

#97133 02/14/05 01:46 PM
S
S
The trip with Searious Adventures is all by boat. They picked us up and dropped us off at our place(Captain Morgan's). They will pick you up whereever you are staying on the island. The boat trip is fun but seems long on the way back.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 231 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.