Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#97395 02/11/05 06:41 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Sorry to bore all those none fisherman, BUT I got questions. I am going to throw a spinning rod in and was wondering what type or lb. test should I put on the reel? Do i need any type of leader? Mainly going to use if I see a bigger fish(Tarpon ect.)

Hire a guide and use his stuff. Usually very adequate. Why clutter up the overhead?

LIGHT SPIN TACKEL 8 TO 12 TEST FROM DOCK.. BUT THE PRICES ARE DIRT CHEAP TO GO OUT WITH A BOAT AND CAPT..AND CATCH ONE FISH AFTER ANOTHER LIKE ONLY $190 US HALF DAY WITH ALL THE GEAR SODA/WATER JUST SUPER DEALS IN SANPEDRO AND ONLY $255 FULL DAY AND ON ETHIER DAY YOU GET AND YOU GET TO EAT MANY DINERS FROM THE FISH THEY WILL FILETFOR YOU .. GREAT VALUE I USE CAPT BICHO RIVERO FISHINGSANPEDRO.COM I GO EACH MONTH WITH THE GUY.. SEE RAVE REVIEWS ON HIM FROM PEOPLE WHO JUST CAME BACK.... BUT THERE ARE SOME VERY GOOD GUIDES HERE AND ALL WILL WORK HARD TO GIVE YOU A ACTION PACKED DAY... AND YOU CAN SHARE A DAY OR TWO WITH OTHER PEOPLE AS PRICES ARE FOR BOAT NOT PERPERSON SO YOU CAN GO ON THIS BOARD AND ASK TO SHARE a day and split the cost . TIGHT LINES TO YOU AND GOOD FISHING GO LIVE THE DREAM AND ENJOY PARDISE...

Living The Dream Every Day!
cottage1,

For tarpon on spinning gear I would use no less that 20 lb test. If your reel does not have the capacity for 250+ yards of 20lb used braided backing (PowerPro spiderwire & etc) with a mono topshot. As for leader, tie right to the mono for tarpon. For bonefish scale it down to 8-12lb test.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.