Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#97489 - 02/14/05 07:30 PM A VALENTINE for AC
mikell Offline
It's been about a year since we made our trip to AC last winter...and celebrating Valentine's Day today made me think of our wonderful vacation there.

We went out for a seafood dinner...but I couldn't help comparing it to the last lobster & fish I ate ....compliments of Captain Bicho! Actually...I know that NO MEAL is EVER going to compare to that beach BBQ he cooked for us after our morning of fishing! It was simply the BEST meal I have ever eaten in my life!

I have been sitting here imagining that turquoise water, hot sunshine...swinging in the hammock while he & his son cooked our lunch...feeling like a queen in paradise!

I just wanted to send my love to all of you who are there...going there...or dreaming of going there!

It was a trip we will always remember...

Happy Valentine's Day to AC!

smile mikell

#97490 - 02/15/05 05:06 AM Re: A VALENTINE for AC
C from UK Offline
Hi Mikell!!!!! laugh laugh
Long time no hear - unless you've been posting and I've missed them - great to hear from you again!
You, Goody2Shuz and many others really made our holiday what it was - thanks!
- We will be back oneday - as I'm sure you will be too! - we really enjoyed Capt Bicho's BBQ and fishing too - would love to put some photos into a post - anybody out there willing to take me through it step by step? confused wink Patience would be a necessity though.

#97491 - 02/15/05 08:08 AM Re: A VALENTINE for AC
mikell Offline
hi C!

i haven't been posting to this board for awhile...but i do "drop in" from time to time just to read...sort of keeps the memories alive.

i gained so much from these posts too...as we planned our vacation...it made all the difference for us too.

it's really not that difficult to post a picture wink ...at least not once you've figured it out!

here's one of my favourites from our trip...i call it "pelican charter" !!!

if you have uploaded your photos to an online site...like shutterfly or webshots...it's very easy to put one of the images in a post by coping the URL into your post and adding the code tags before and after...i can explain that process if you have photos online already...let me know and i'll be your "guide"!

i still have our whole report with photos posted at http://home.rochester.rr.com/herrick1 if anyone hasn't seen them!

smile mikell

#97492 - 02/15/05 09:05 AM Re: A VALENTINE for AC
captjeff Offline
mikell fantastic post ,you talk from the heart..life is wonderful when you get to enjoy it ,and know what it's all about .. good for you...
Living The Dream Every Day!

#97493 - 02/15/05 09:09 AM Re: A VALENTINE for AC
captjeff Offline
c from the uk e mail me your photos i will post them for you e mail to jkivet@cruisevalue.com and send me what you want to say .it will be like coco lady post ..glad you go to live the dream ...And capt bicho says your hubby is a great fisherman one of the best he has seen..
Living The Dream Every Day!

#97494 - 02/15/05 10:22 AM Re: A VALENTINE for AC
C from UK Offline
thanks, Capt Jeff - Shall do that - be prepared for some photos coming through

And thank Capt Bicho for the praise of hubby - I shall tell him - and tell Capt Bicho 'we'll be back and thanks for everything'

Mikell - thanks too! I'll email Capt Jeff then when I get round to it I shall set up an account with the web pages that you mention

#97495 - 02/15/05 05:16 PM Re: A VALENTINE for AC
Beebe Baby Offline
Mikell, what fantastic pictures and all your great adventures. Our group, 6 couples will be arriving 2/17/05, and I am so excited, but reading and seeing your sight was great, thank you for sharing

#97496 - 02/15/05 09:08 PM Re: A VALENTINE for AC
Island Mom Offline
Dear Mikell, Thank you so much for posting your vacation thoughts. We will be in San Pedro in less than two months. The waiting is so tough and you just made it tougher. d.

#97497 - 02/15/05 09:50 PM Re: A VALENTINE for AC
bill b Offline
hey mikell. long time no see. frank and i are headed down in 8 more wake ups. gonna miss you on the fishing/snorkling trip. will send pics when we get back. bill b.

#97498 - 02/16/05 08:07 AM Re: A VALENTINE for AC
mikell Offline
oh bill...you just made it so much tougher for me (like Island Mom says) to look out my window this morning and see the snow coming down again!!!

that fishing/snorkeling trip with capt. bicho we shared with you and frank was the highlight of our trip last year...lucky you to be doing it again next week!

yes...please send me some photos...and say hello to bicho & his son for us. i would love to hear all about your second experience with them...i'm sure it will be another great day to remember.

wishing you a great getaway...even if i am green with envy! :p ...and try not to catch any more rays while fishing!!!

have fun!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,728 Topics
461,286 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.