Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#97741 - 02/18/05 06:26 PM Cart Road North of San Pedro
SuperDave Offline
I have been home for a week after another wonderful stay, Carnival was perfect. I was wondering what has happened with the cart road north, past Journeys End Resort, where the upset resident was blocking the road, digging trenches, placing spikes hidden in boards underleaves, running hidden wires across the path, etc. Has this problem been addressed, corrected, what has happened. Bad vibes for visitors. I have not located anything about this on the message board.
Thanks, and I can't wait for next trip down.

#97742 - 02/18/05 06:45 PM Re: Cart Road North of San Pedro
ChrisW Offline
I guess that rumor about Rambo buying land on AC was true.

#97743 - 02/18/05 06:56 PM Re: Cart Road North of San Pedro
GAY AND DAVID Offline
Does anyone know why this resident is upset?

#97744 - 02/19/05 02:10 PM Re: Cart Road North of San Pedro
Diane Campbell Offline
On many occasions I've ridden my bike on the road all the way from the ferry to Costa Maya - staying on the road unless it was a stretch where "road" ran down on beach. I encountered one stretch of dead-end road where a resident has chained off a public road, calling it private, but there is an excellent alternative route, well traveled and well marked. Whether navigating that "blocked" road or all the others, I have not encountered any wires, spikes etc.

Why would residents be annoyed ? Noisey drunken drivers who drive fast and reclessly hitting dogs and people on bikes, folks tossing beer and water bottles in the bushes, driving through people's yards and gardens, walking right up to people's private homes and peering in the windows out of curiosity. This island is a tourist destination, but also a real place with real people who get up early and go to work, who have lives and who want a relatively normal existence. Guests need to remember that, and show the same level of respect for our homes and our daily lives as they would demand "back home".

#97745 - 02/19/05 02:58 PM Re: Cart Road North of San Pedro
CHOOCHOO Offline
Diane,

Amen. "nuff said.

#97746 - 02/21/05 01:28 AM Re: Cart Road North of San Pedro
dexte@ Offline
I have the same problem here in the states...I have a large garden, gazebo and a couple of ponds stocked with Koi....I get up in the morning head out to the gazebo with my coffee and find some woman standing in the middle of my garden....this makes me crazy....I tell them they are tresspassing, they say they had to see what I had in my garden...I ask if they had tried to knock on my door and ask permission...they look at me like I am crazy.
Some people have no respect for personal property.

#97747 - 02/21/05 01:49 AM Re: Cart Road North of San Pedro
itsjustme Offline
Sorry Dex,

Hope I didn't step on to many shrubbery or scare the fish.....

shocked

I'm kidding.... Really

#97748 - 02/21/05 06:16 PM Re: Cart Road North of San Pedro
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
MINE MINE MINE!

#97749 - 02/22/05 01:47 AM Re: Cart Road North of San Pedro
dexte@ Offline
Well....low lifes are low lifes....tell me how you would feel if you walked out to your car in the morning to go to work and there was someone in it....oh sorry you dont have a car....or a job..
Im sorry..yes what is mine is mine..tresspassing is against the law.
start the flames...please

#97750 - 02/22/05 02:55 AM Re: Cart Road North of San Pedro
GailM Offline
What happened to the 66 feet setback that allows the public access to the water...which means you cannot block off the beachfront? When did this law in Belize change?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Syrsteve, 1 invisible), 48 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,002 Topics
462,162 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.