Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#97741 02/18/05 12:26 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I have been home for a week after another wonderful stay, Carnival was perfect. I was wondering what has happened with the cart road north, past Journeys End Resort, where the upset resident was blocking the road, digging trenches, placing spikes hidden in boards underleaves, running hidden wires across the path, etc. Has this problem been addressed, corrected, what has happened. Bad vibes for visitors. I have not located anything about this on the message board.
Thanks, and I can't wait for next trip down.

C
C
I guess that rumor about Rambo buying land on AC was true.

Does anyone know why this resident is upset?

On many occasions I've ridden my bike on the road all the way from the ferry to Costa Maya - staying on the road unless it was a stretch where "road" ran down on beach. I encountered one stretch of dead-end road where a resident has chained off a public road, calling it private, but there is an excellent alternative route, well traveled and well marked. Whether navigating that "blocked" road or all the others, I have not encountered any wires, spikes etc.

Why would residents be annoyed ? Noisey drunken drivers who drive fast and reclessly hitting dogs and people on bikes, folks tossing beer and water bottles in the bushes, driving through people's yards and gardens, walking right up to people's private homes and peering in the windows out of curiosity. This island is a tourist destination, but also a real place with real people who get up early and go to work, who have lives and who want a relatively normal existence. Guests need to remember that, and show the same level of respect for our homes and our daily lives as they would demand "back home".

Diane,

Amen. "nuff said.

D
D
I have the same problem here in the states...I have a large garden, gazebo and a couple of ponds stocked with Koi....I get up in the morning head out to the gazebo with my coffee and find some woman standing in the middle of my garden....this makes me crazy....I tell them they are tresspassing, they say they had to see what I had in my garden...I ask if they had tried to knock on my door and ask permission...they look at me like I am crazy.
Some people have no respect for personal property.

I
I
Sorry Dex,

Hope I didn't step on to many shrubbery or scare the fish.....

shocked

I'm kidding.... Really

S
S
MINE MINE MINE!

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
D
D
Well....low lifes are low lifes....tell me how you would feel if you walked out to your car in the morning to go to work and there was someone in it....oh sorry you dont have a car....or a job..
Im sorry..yes what is mine is mine..tresspassing is against the law.
start the flames...please

G
G
What happened to the 66 feet setback that allows the public access to the water...which means you cannot block off the beachfront? When did this law in Belize change?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.