Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#9774 10/10/00 07:45 PM
OP Offline
Yes, people, please do a search for info. rather than just making a new thread. I'm guilty too. Remember, keeping us informed and abreast as to the minute to minute goings on is NOT Marty's duty, he is doing this because he truly wants to. That says a lot of good things about him, his good judgment, and his worthwhile input. I respect it totally. He has literally given us all a forum. Let's take some personal responsibility to ADD to this exercise in altruism. He has buoyed me many times over with his info and input and given me access to many other people's insights. As for the funds, look, you gave because you wanted to. One can never expect to tell another how to use a gift which is given freely.

#9775 10/10/00 08:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
****As for the funds, look, you gave because you wanted to. One can never expect to tell another how to use a gift which is given freely.****

I think what is going on is people talking about whether their donated monies were going to those it was SUPPOSED to go to.I don't think anyone was TELLING anyone HOW to use it, only how they THOUGHT it was to be used according to what THEY WERE TOLD. Yes the money was given freely,by all,for a certain list of purposes. Peace. June

==================
where is this certain list? I made the form, there is and was no list. The funds are entrusted to the council to use for the needs of the towns. period. no one mentioned preconditions til now.

here's the page. show me the list: //ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum2/HTML/001695.html

Marty

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-10-2000).]

#9776 10/10/00 08:46 PM
C
C
=

#9777 10/10/00 09:08 PM
C
C
=

#9778 10/10/00 09:20 PM
Fine, express your point or view in forty words or less, else we will ask you donate an extra $ for going over the 40 words. OK?

Dare To Deviate
#9779 10/10/00 09:28 PM
C
C
i'll give 40 a word!

#9780 10/10/00 09:44 PM
C
C
=

#9781 10/10/00 10:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
<<<Dear Friends of San Pedro,
San Pedro is in dire need of our help.
Money is the best way we can do that.

Quantity of items is what we need. The sooner we can get them to San Pedro, the better.

At this time (Sunday, October 1st) will know we will be buying the following:

shovels
rakes
work gloves
hammers
nail removing tools

Rice
Beans
food goods

medical:
tools
supplies
medicines(if needed)
first aide supplies

All financial donors will have their name and amount on the website www.aprivateisland.com/donations : This will be done so that all interested parties know that their money was received and that it is being done in an honest and professional manner. This will be a private site attached to the end of my web site for my resort, Cayo Espanto. It is intended only as a system to verify donations and contributors.

Checks are to be made payable to San Pedro Relief committee and must be mailed to the following address to be included on the site:

San Pedro Relief Committee
Jeff Gram
222 Franklin Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301

910-323-8355 1-800-666-4282

Credit card donations will also be accepted. Please just call and offer support.

Money will be used to purchase and ship supplies directly to San Pedro. Supplies will be given to Patty Acero in San Pedro. Patty is our local representative and will probably be acting as the leader of relief efforts locally.

There will be no deductions for overhead, travel or other expenses. The money will be used to purchase and ship supplies as requested by the people of San Pedro. Information will be provided pertaining to deduct the donation from income taxes.

The North Carolina office will be used for collection only. All checks and credit card donations will be processed in Belize unless requested otherwise by the donor.

Please support San Pedro and help us rebuild.

Sincerely,

Jeff Gram
Owner, Cayo Espanto www.aprivateisland.com >>>

This is only one example Marty of what has been posted to YOUR forum here.You know there are many examples just like this that people THINK/THOUGHT/ASSUMED they were donating to/for. I did not say they DIDN'T donate to that...only that they were not talking about telling anyone how to spend it. This board has said time and time again what the money is going to be used for and it is FOR THOSE REASONS that people donated. Then you get someone on your board that essentially says,' you donated it freely and you can't tell us what to do with it'. Well pardon me, if I expressed the opinion that no one was telling you HOW to spend it.People already know how they EXPECT it to be spent...that is the reasons expressed on this board time and time again by people collecting. Peace. June

#9782 10/10/00 10:33 PM
C
C
It makes sense what that person sez.

#9783 10/10/00 10:38 PM
C
C
american through and through.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 168 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.