Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#98031 02/24/05 10:02 AM
T
tymish Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hello all! My fiancee & I are to be married April 2nd and I'm trying to set up our honeymoon. I've checked out a lot of places to stay and it gets confusing. I've looked at lots of 'Honeymoon suites'. Portofino looks awesome but too expensive. Coconuts has the Marauder suite w/Jacuzzi but seems like a noisy spot. I don't mind a good party at all but it is the honeymoon after all. Exotic Caye has a honeymoon suite that looks to be about the right price. Anyone stay there in that room? Also looked into Belizian Shores too. Any other suggestions?

It's a ten night trip. I'm thinking 5 nights on Ambergris with relaxation, nightlife and Maya trip. Altun Ha or Lamanai?

Then 5 nights on Caulker to get Scuba Open Water certs. We've never been diving and it looks like a great place to learn.

C
C
Any other suggestions?

Check out the Xanadu.

S
S
We've stayed at Exotic several times and always had a lot of fun. Make note that it's not the "upscale resort" that its billed as on their website, but its nice and clean with an ok pool and big beach. Easy walking distance to BC's and the center of town.

T
tymish Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally posted by streetchie:
We've stayed at Exotic several times and always had a lot of fun. Make note that it's not the "upscale resort" that its billed as on their website, but its nice and clean with an ok pool and big beach. Easy walking distance to BC's and the center of town.
Thanks, I had an impression that was the case. We don't particularly need the luxo thing but it might be nice for the first few nights of the marriage.

P
P
We are getting married at Captain Morgan's (june) and staying there with family and friends. We are then going to Maruba Jungle Spa for a few days as it was suggested by many to cap off the honeymoon. www.maruba-spa.com If you don't want to spend the additional money to stay there, I hear there are day trips to the spa. Looks exoctis and romantic....great to end the honeymoon before returning to reality.

L
L
Have you tried the Capricorn? Lots of people like it for their honeymoon. There are only three casitas (only one with a queen bed, so book in advance!), and it's a cross between a B&B and your own private resort with an enourmous staff tending to your every need. It's very quiet and intimate, except at night when everyone shows up for their excellent restaruant. As a guest, you always have a reservation at the restaurant, and ask anyone who's tried to get same-day reservations: this is a commodity. The staff is very helpful and friendly and you develop actual friendships with them. Breakast is included, and is usually eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, juice and toast. There is no pool (you can use the one next door) and no TV in the rooms, if that matters.

T
tymish Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally posted by streetchie:
You say not upscale. What sort of rooms are they? Motel 6? Holiday Inn? Marriott? Obviously not Ritz-Carlton.. Just trying to get a better idea from you. Everyone has a different idea of luxury so some comparison to known chains is helpful.

thanks

S
S
You can get a sence of the room quality from the photos on the Exotic website. Its more the grounds that are lack-luster. I recall an aluminum above-ground swimming pool.

The honeymoon units at EC are excellent. Some of the best rooms on the island in my opinion. The upper level has better views but both are great. I sell them a lot. No complaints from clients. The grounds are OK, the bar is good & fun, the management is decent, but the honeymoon rooms are great!

T
tymish Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks for all the help. We like a jacuzzi room for the romantic honeymoon evenings. wink So it looks like I'm deciding between the EC honeymoon rooms and Banyan Bay since they also have the whole nice pool vibe and Jacuzzis too. Just wondering if it's worth the extra $$. Is pool hopping frowned upon? I know places like Coconuts have a pool/bar setup so I'm guessing if you spend money there no one will mind. we're not the hoity toity types but for the honeymoon a little extra is nice.

BTW You all should check out North Carolina's Outer Banks. I've been a regular there since I was an infant. Laid back vibe and gorgeous beaches. Especially the island of Okracoke. One the the nicest beaches I've ever seen. Wayy laid back too. Not great for diving but a really cool place to check out and hang for a beach/island vibe. Especially for light house fans. Cape Lookout Nat'l seashore is one of the nicest places I've seen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.