Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
owj57 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I am planning my first trip to AC this coming July. I am taking my two sons (14 and 16 years old). I am looking for places to stay that are more family oriented. I checked out Paradise Villas (is this next to Blue Tang?) and the Palms. We will be diving most of the time.

My question is what can kids do in the evenings?

Thanks

Yes, Paradise Villa is next to the Blue Tang. Nice location and beautiful grounds. There are two grocery stores a block out the back gate.

Can't help with the kids evening activities.

K
K
Not much to do for kids at night. Mini-golf, gyms, hanging out in the park, stay out of trouble :rolleyes: , watch TV, make friends, go get an ice-cream, watch some more TV..go get a pizza or have it delivered, watch some more TV. 14-16 is a tuff age, the kids are either to young or to old! I remember it well!

night snorkeling off the pier [Linked Image]

Forget the night snorkeling by the piers. Entirely too dangerous with the boats coming in and out.
Really bad idea as wonderful as it may be.

There was always a basketball game going on whenever I passed the park in town. Take a ball with you and then leave it with the local kids when you go home.
We stayed at Paradise Villas when we were in San Pedro a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Email [email protected] and ask Ernesto or Fatima for some suggestions. They were great at answering my questions and then making our stay wonderful while we were there. (They are also young!)
Have fun!

ojw57
I was down in Pedro a couple months ago with kids ( 12,13,14,and 16 ) we rented a house north of the cut that had some of the travel type board games on the shelf.Believe it or not Scrabble was the biggest hit. We also played alot of poker with shells.
After a full day in the sun and water and walking to town to eat at the venders and explore, the boys were fairly tired and it didn't take much to entertain them.
We did take a soccer ball down and gave it to the neighbor kids who were out of school at the time so that provided day time activity when the boys got tired of the water.
All in all I would'nt worry to much about entertaining they will fine plent to do. We were there for two weeks and had a great time.

A
A
1BKeeper is right about the basketball. My boys
always enjoys picking up a game on the court with
the local kids. They had a standing appointment
every afternoon. They made some good friends and
enjoyed a game of basketball. Good idea about
taking a basketball with you and leaving it for
the kids there. We will definitely do that this
year in June.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.