Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Angie Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My husband and I are considering AC for our anniversary vacation in 2006. Just started doing research about this island and I have several questions. First of all I would like to be on a nice beach with nice accomodations (doesn't have to be first class), have a decent pool, close to where we can snorkel. I'm thinking we may want to try our hand at scuba diving for the first time.
Also would like to be where we can walk or take a golf cart to bars and restarants. Any suggestions??
Thanks,
Ang

Ramon's

Dare To Deviate
H
H
just returned from 2 weeks at Captain Morgan's...the best!! Wish I was going back tomorrow!

Paradise Villas

D
D
depends on what you want...Personally I like to stay near town....My wife likes to shop..if I feel like a slice of key lime pie at 7pm I can get it....outside of town your options are very limited.... also don't consider capt morgans as secluded...more folks there on a sunday morning than in town...BTW I like Capt morgans....Just dont likr to stay there

C
C
Just a quick note, north of town is more expensive for food and drinks. Captain Morgans was charging $6.75 bz for regular Belikin and it could be purchased in town for as low as $3.00bz.

B
B
I'd second dext@. Ask yourself what it is you're looking for.

If you don't care to shop in the little stores, and want SOME restaurants within golfing/carting distance, but don't need a great many choices, north 3-4 miles past the cut may be the choice for you. The beaches there are nicer, and things are quieter than in town. Also, more of the resorts there are set up to let you just lounge around and eat and drink (if you want). My wife and I like to be within close walking distance to the shops and all the restaurants, so we typically stay at the edge of town (the Belizean Reef). The downside, however, to that area is that there isn't as much beach area to lay out on (and there are a lot of boats around your general water, so you have to be careful swimming).

C
C
We went last month. I would recommend Paradise Villas. Close to twon, snorkeling/scuba outfits, nice pool, and grounds. It is a condominium complex, but close enough to town for everything you need + 2 markets outside the gate. There aren't many beaches, unless you go north of the island, which I think is to far from everything and the beaches are very small. Ramons is a nice place also - from what I could tell.

S
S
IMHO although Ramons grounds look nice, and the bar was good, I thought it was extremely over priced. You can go many other places and pay the same, and have more, or you can pay less and have the same. The rooms were not very nice, very small, and to me hot. I did enjoy staying in town, which I would do again. South of town would be okay too. The town is alot of fun. Most people in lue of a beach use the piers, as the water is very shallow until at least the end of the pier. Just pull up there, sit back relax and enjoy the show.

S
S
Stayed at Ramon's in Nov. Nice place, nice dive outfit, great beach, restaurant good but overpriced as compared to in-town restaurants, nice pool but always in the shade...a little chilly. Close proximity to town and BC's (great beach bar shack). We are going back in Nov. and are staying right next door at the Palm's...a condo complex. Like the space afforded by a condo as opposed to just a hotel room, depends what you want. This is a board is a great resource, many knowledgable people, keep an eye on it and ask specific questions...always found responses informative. Happy Anniversary!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 245 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.