Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#98547 03/07/05 02:59 PM
OP Offline
Accidently hit the tab button and don't know if I already submitted or just made the darn post disappear...sorry if I repeat here.

Getting excited to return to SP after five years and hoped that I might get some feedback about what's new and what's tried and true. My wife surprised me with the plans for two week stay. ONLY wish we could afford one of the private places, but she settled on Oasis del Caribe and we hope it is a good spot. They informed us that some construction is underway on phase three so we'll have to hope for the best. I was initially frustrated by that news but decided that some hammering in paradise is far more serene that the phones and hammering at work:)

Especially excited to bring our three year old little man to find Nemo and my mother-in-law to blow her away with the beauty of Ambergris. Thanks in advance for any replys...

1) Sounds like traffic has become a fairly serious issue down there. I am re-thinking the week rental of a cart and maybe only going for a couple two or three days, but as I recall it wasn't much more for the week than the few days. Is this still true? And who has the best deals?

2) How much is the Hol Chan - Shark Ray Alley excursion? I can't wait to take Zane snorkeling�I recall that we really enjoyed Amigos del Mar last two times. Are they still a good pick?

3) laugh FOOD: FIDOS! - Fish & chips�just the thought - Burritos big as your head�can't recall the name of the restaurant out near the airport�is that Wednesday special? - The pizza shop with the magician waiter - The chicken rice and beans up near the cut - Elvi's Kitchen for the Mayan Fish! - Ruby's breakfast rolls - WOW! I gotta stop..any new recommendations?

4) confused What would be the best plan for a day trip to the mainland zoo for the little man?

5) eek BELIKIN...just the name conjurs warm feelings. I read here that it's suppose to be available in teh states, but the site showed no inventory. Any other leads because that could save me serious baggage weight on the trip home LOL. - Caribbean White Rum is a favorite too - I was struck by the One Barrel testimonials and will plan to add that to the sampling this time - and Marie Sharp's round out our need for return supplies. How much of each can we bring back? Any advice on packing these?

That's more than I should be asking, but really do appreciate the shared wisdom of the folks who know. Hope you are all having a great day and thanks again for any tips or suggestions.

Peace,
mnknzns

All the Best,

mnknznr
#98548 03/07/05 04:24 PM
never had fish n chips from fidos, but i prefer fidos for cocktails rather than dinner.

you can get burritos as big as your head from rasta pasta on caye caulker.

you should be able to email monchos & cholos for cart rental rates.

hol chan & shark ray are still great snorkel spots.

i like the crystal lemon rum, and, you will be surprised at how many more products are marketed by marie sharp now. no longer just 3 degrees of hot.

#98549 03/07/05 04:43 PM
Had the fish and chips at Fido's and know what you mean! Great as ever.

#98550 03/07/05 05:03 PM
OP Offline
Lemon rum...hmmmmm...sounds interesting and also that Marie has expanded. May need the jumbo hardsided luggage...thanks for the notes.

All the Best,

mnknznr
#98551 03/07/05 05:12 PM
J
J
InZane, john here Cholo's for golf carts, when i rented at B.B. it was 265.00 for the week, not too bad if you have to schlepp a little one around.. cheap at twice the price!! john in denver

#98552 03/07/05 08:15 PM
OP Offline
cindyb...thanks for teh nod about Fido's....THANKS too john...I do think that a week with 4 passengers would be good to coordiate, but wanted to tread lightly on local ground as a good guest...last thing the beloved caye needs is more traffic, but I trust that we can get 'er done with some sense of good stewardship. Just can't wait to get there........

All the Best,

mnknznr
#98553 03/07/05 09:00 PM
A
A
Hello All.......just back from Belizean Shores Resort - greatest time in my life - ate conch fritters and shrimp salad sandwiches at Fidos - Elvi's Kitchen makes great Shrimp burgers - you can tell i love shrimp! So fun everywhere we went - ate at Capricorns, Captain Morgans, bar hopped at Ramons Village, Canucks, and many others - my daughter won at the fun and wild chicken drop - had a golf cart for 2 days so got to visit from end to end - mayan ruins was great and the boys done some reef fishing - swimup bar was great for all - visited the Rendezvous Winery - was so great - visited the Super Mart in San Pedro for all our food needs and of course the cheapest place to buy rum and beer - Belikin premium was the best! So if everyone has a great a time as we did ........ well your life will be complete!!! Definitely will return.

#98554 03/08/05 08:47 AM
S
S
The big burritos you're thinking about are from Mickies Wednesday special. They've moved around the corner onto Middle Street (okay, Pescador Dr.) just South of Nancy's Supermarket.

#98555 03/08/05 10:09 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Atilla & Simon,

Glad to know that the burritos are still around. Hope they are still as tasty as I recall.....wow this is going to stoke the fires quite nicely until we get there. Thanks again to all of you for the feedback.

All the Best,

mnknznr
#98556 03/11/05 11:00 PM
OP Offline
Still fishing...

Hadn't heard anything back about a day trip to the zoo. Wondered who might have a lead on that and an approx. cost.

Also wondered if I heard correct, and assume after shopping there last time, that Belikin is cheaper at the market? Can you buy it by the case and lug it back to the hotel on your own. Sorry for being a cheap drinker, but hoping to spread what little wealth we can bring.

What's the beach front place that had the Thursday (?) beach cookout? Is that still happening. And my wife remembered this great Aussie ex-pat bar that had woman who sold bagels and bagel chips. Any bells???

Still enjoying surfing this board and appreciate the wealth fo insight and knowledge mixed with the occasional rant that comes from such passionate perspectives and experiences.

I will DEFINITELY PASS on sharing the news about the Tropic plane with the mother-in-law. She'd never get there....OR hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....NO gotta be a good s-n-l. Oh well thanks again all.

All the Best,

mnknznr
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.