Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#98685 - 03/08/05 03:39 PM Getting a flight from BZE to Ambergris
Nolita Offline
How do I make reservations to take a flight from BZE to San Pedro international? I'm trying to go through ORBITZ but cannot find the airport acronym for San Pedro International.

#98686 - 03/08/05 03:59 PM Re: Getting a flight from BZE to Ambergris
TIMO Offline
there is no san pedro intl. it is a short flight from belize city to the small airstrip in san pedro via single engine plane. you have two choices, maya or tropic air,(i prefer tropic). check their website or many times your hotel will book it for you. have fun!!

#98687 - 03/08/05 04:00 PM Re: Getting a flight from BZE to Ambergris
ts Offline

Goldson International (that's BZE) to San Pedro Airstrip. Should be about $100 US round trip (at least it was a few weeks ago when I made the trip). I can't imagine you'll find it on Orbitz or similar.

#98688 - 03/08/05 07:35 PM Re: Getting a flight from BZE to Ambergris
klcman Offline
where are you staying? Most hotels will book it for you and add the charges to your account, no add-on.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#98689 - 03/08/05 08:40 PM Re: Getting a flight from BZE to Ambergris
Skyliner Offline
Round trip - Goldson / San Pedro - is $98.25 US vs. $54.50 US flying from Municipal. If there are two or more traveling together, the fare difference, net of taxi fares, start making sense. Takes a little bit longer but you get to talk with the taxi driver and see a little bit of Belize City.

#98690 - 03/08/05 09:37 PM Re: Getting a flight from BZE to Ambergris
NYgal Offline
The taxi drivers are a wealth of knowledge smile
I agree with skyliner and klc is on the right track too. Just let your resort know you wish to travel from the Municipal instead of the International.....if you choose that route cool

#98691 - 03/09/05 08:47 AM Re: Getting a flight from BZE to Ambergris
obtuseangler Offline
When I go somewhere, I want to get there. The couple of bucks I might save is less important to me than the extra time spent driving to Municipal. Do yourself a favor and book your connection from International to San Pedro. Its steps away from customs to the domestic side of the terminal and either Maya or Tropic will put you on an earlier flight if space is available.

As far as "getting to talk to taxis drivers", for $20 bucks that is just not on my 'must do' list on a vacation. JMHO
it takes some green to live the dream...

#98692 - 03/09/05 08:55 AM Re: Getting a flight from BZE to Ambergris
captjeff Offline
obtueangler you make a lot of sence to me and I agree, 100% just fly over from international,have a drink at jets bar to toast the start of a great vaction. go live the dream and enjoy..
Living The Dream Every Day!

#98693 - 03/09/05 09:09 AM Re: Getting a flight from BZE to Ambergris
NYgal Offline
We choose to look over all the options when we travel. We have done it both ways. I was giving an option not something carved in stone as a way to travel to ONLY Ambergris Caye.

We like to see more of Belize, get to know more than a few people and get knowledge of the peple that live in the country, not just gringos etc.

What's an extra 20 minutes drive in the city.....2-3 Belikins on a caye vs a learning experience.

Some people who read this forum like to save a few dollars if they travel as a family or a group. wink

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,728 Topics
461,283 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.