Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
C
You've almost convinced me to give it a try. I'm hoping to hear from someone who has taken the free week? Anybody?

I was surprised the thread was left on the board as long as it was. smile

Of course, I'm against censorship here despite understanding why it happens.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Yes, I was disapointed that thread was taken down. I wanted to comment about the loser pays all legal fees and costs. I believe that is a great concept and should be used more in the U.S. inboth criminal as well as civil cases. That would cut down on a lot of litagation by both plaintiff and defendants. Wouldn't it be great if the great state of california would have to reimburse Robert Blake his 10 million in litagation costs. :rolleyes:

L
L
The loser in civil litigation here in the great state of California very often does pay legal fees and costs, according to statute. It is already the law.

As for Robert Blake, me thinks he belongs in the OJ category - a scum that got away with killing his spouse.

S
S
The missing thread was most likely deleted by Ibanole, who originated it. That's her prerogative.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Sorry, I can't take credit for the missing thread.
Yep, it will ALL come out in the wash-- can hardly wait for that day.
PS: We did get the emergency injunction, just took some time.

I
I
I'll take a minute to respond the the loser pays provision proposal.

Its really not all its cracked up to be. Here's why:

1. The people in the right don't always win.
2. If a middle class family has been wronged in some horrible way (i.e. death of a child) and they believe, with just cause, that someone is responsible. They have the choice of (1) suing, and risking their home, college funds for the remaining daughters, car, credit rating, possibly a business (all to pay the lawyer fees generated by the defendant in the case) or (2) not sue and risk none of that. Is it right that they be asked to risk all of that in the pursuit of justice for a dead child or illegal business dealings or fraudulent conveyance of real estate or theft on intellectual property, etc. etc.?

3. It won't stop corporations from suing each other. Its a cost of business and they can afford it. Corporate lawsuits make up over 60 percent of the litigation in the country.

4. It doesn't affect the rich guy. He can afford it. (also, what happens if the rich guy sues the poor guy? Is the poor guy supposed to pay for the rich guy's lawyers even though the rich guy initiated suit? Isn't that just a more civilized form of blackmail? If that's the law, why wouldn't the poor guy always do what the rich guy wants?) The old argument for this used to be, hey, the poor guy can just file for protection under the bankruptcy laws. Not anymore, congress just eliminated most of the consumer bankruptcy protections. Interestingly, they have left in place most of the business bankruptcy provisions.... (more on that on request).

For those of you intersted in reading more on the subject, see Charles W. Branham III, Note, It Couldn't Happen Here: The English
Rule-But Not in South Carolina, 49 S.C.L. REV. 971, 973-75 (1998).

I wrote it.

Hope this doesn't seem too preachy, I'm just continually disturbed by people's willingness to give away many of their rights and protections so freely.

Flame away wink

Itsjustme, well said and I agree with you. I just guess I was playing the devil. It would me nice if you would comment more on the new proposed bankruptcy provisions. wink

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.