Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#988 03/01/06 03:31 PM
OP Offline
We arrived on Wed. Feb. 8th. Stayed at Exotic Caye again this year. Had to have lobster for supper, went to El Patio, was great! Thurs. just did some running around and then Marge & Ernie met us at Crazy Canucks for happy hour. Plus I recieved flowers in a conch shell for an early Valentine present from my wonderful hubby! Fri. we went snorkeling w/Serious out to Mexico Rocks and Tres Cocos. Was a great trip. Met Marge & Ernie and went to supper at Papi's ~ great food and resonable. Sat. we did our fishing trip w/Capt Bicho, this is our 3rd yr. fishing w/him and was not disappointed. Marge and Ernie went with us, we caught Barracuda, snapper, grunt, grouper and then I hauled in a 4 1/2 ft. nurse shark, was that a trip reeling him in, took pics and released him! Next it was free diving for lobster, well we basically watched Capt. Bicho do the work, however, Marge did her fair share of help! Next off to the best meal we had in the 2 wks. we were there, Capt. Bicho's beach bbq! Capt. Bicho can be reached at 206-2191. Sunday the weather started turning colder, we went up to Costa Maya for the day and bought a timeshare, decided if we're going down for 2 weeks every year, might just as well, have the room close to free when we retire! lol Monday, was still cold, I had to find a sweatshirt, Toucan Too had a couple, well, one was mine! Walked the beach in town, and just relaxed today, went to Georges Kitchen for lobster tonight, and the best Key Lime Pie! Today is Valentines Day, and our maids little girls April and Patricia have gifts for me, a trinket box, artificial rose and a cupcake, I was so touch by their generousity! What sweet little girls to spend their hard earned money on me! We took a golf cart ride up to Costa Maya today, took an 1hr. 15 minutes! Still chilly, so no pool or anything, we stopped by Coco Loco's on our way back just in time to get some great pics of the skydivers landing! Was really a beautiful sight watching them land. Ended up at Papi's for supper again tonight. Wed. it's finally warming up, just sat and relaxed in the sun most of the day. Thurs. we did a 2 tank dive w/Ramon's, dive master was great, had a really good time and was comfortable w/him, we hadn't dove in 2 yrs. so we were quite skeptical, but couldn't have asked for a better divemaster. Met Marge & Ernie for supper tonight, went to El Patio as they hadn't been there yet! Friday, we just sat in the sun again, thought about diving, but it was a little too choppy for me, met Marge and Ernie and went to the Lion's Club for the BBQ tonight, you can never go wrong with it, then off to Mannelly's for the wonderful Coconut Ice Cream! Sat. we did some running around town, and walking the beach, played in the pool w/April and Patricia, and yup you guessed it, sitting in the sun, gotta go home w/a great tan! lol Went to a new restuarant tonight, Oregano's, it's where the old Jambel Jerk Pit was. The food was very very good, was surprised it was so good as they had just opened on Friday! I think the owner Rick knows what he's doing, you should give this place a try! My husband who doesn't usually like Italian all that well, loved it, and said he wished it would've opened earlier, as he would've eaten there a couple of times more! Sun. it couldn't make up it's mind as to the weather, should it rain or sunshine? Played in the pool in the rain w/April and Patricia again. This is our last day here, so the packing has begun, did some driving around on the golf cart, getting a last glimpse of everything we're leaving for a year. Hard to believe it's over again. Can't believe I didn't make it to BC's this year. But I did make it to Crazy Canucks for Happy Hour every night and I did buy a meat pie from the little boy every night, man do I miss those! Anyway thats my trip report, probably pretty boring, but I just felt like I needed rest more than anything, as I've had some health issues this past year. We'll see lots of ya again next year. Sorry I missed you Capt Jeff. Jessie was greating chatting w/you most every night.
Coco

Coco
#989 03/01/06 05:37 PM
Oh, what a nice trip report. You hit all the high lights Cocoloco. Sure makes me look bad, as I haven't posted our trip report yet. I'm working on it though. Since you're now "owners" of a piece of paradise, have you ever thought about renting out your couch? lol Just a thought.

#990 03/01/06 05:43 PM
OP Offline
Marge~
My kids said that they have 1st dibs! lol Matter of fact one daughter & son-in-law have been planning on going with us in 2008 for a year now!
Coco

Coco
#991 03/02/06 07:38 AM
coco loco lady ,miss you too nice post ...I did get to say hi on the golf cart as you passed by,,glad you got to live the dream ...

Living The Dream Every Day!
#992 03/02/06 01:56 PM
OP Offline
Clover~
Was also nice meeting you and your wife, I'm sure we'll run into each other down there again sometime.

Capt Jeff~
Yes, we did say hi while passing each other on our golf carts! There is always next year!

Coco

Coco
#993 03/02/06 05:25 PM
It was nice to meet you Coco Loco Lady. Hope to see you again & have better weather! smile

#994 03/03/06 01:10 PM
OP Offline
Was nice meeting you also Windjammer! You seem to be alot of fun! Hopefully we'll meet on AC again with warmer weather! lol

Coco

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.