Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#98956 03/12/05 07:30 PM
W
OP Offline
W
My husband and I are, um, lets just say, in the "over 35" crowd. I am 39 and holding, and he is 42. We spent Feb. 26-Mar. 5 in the most beautiful vacation spot in the world....AC. Already he is looking on the net to figure out where we are going to stay next year when we return.

We flew into SP via Belize City via Houston via Newark via Halifax, NS, Canada. Tropic Air was, by far, the most comfortable of all the flights! We stayed at The Belizean Shores Resort. Although, the resort and staff were absolutely wonderful....especially the pool....and the "dirty bananas".....the restaurant at the resort left alot to be desired. Not much choice on the menu and most of the time, they didnt have what was offered. We ended up grocery shopping at the market and eating out in various places. We were very disappointed in "Capricorns". We both thought it was alot of money to spend in comparison to what we got. We enjoyed Captain Morgans for our last night there.

We did partake in seeing the town via golf cart, and I have to say, that was a hoot! So laid back and relaxed, just what the Doctor ordered. We thoroughly enjoyed Fidos (conch fritters and shrimp salad sandwiches) and Elvis Kitchen. The people were so friendly and helpful. I have to say, I felt safe there, and I did walk the beach alone after midnight. We felt we could approach and talk with anyone. We were only offered drugs twice in the entire week. And no one pushed them.....when we said "no thanks" they were gone. Compared to Jamaica, we didnt find there were many of the locals with their hands permanemtly extended for cash. And yes, I am now an infamous "Chicken Drop" winner. The fowl fouled on #81 that night, making me a winner of $100.00 BZE. I never laughed so hard in my life.

It seemed like tourists didnt have many rules to follow. The police we met were very friendly. The children always had a smile. My hubby went on a tour of Altun Ha and went reef fishing, both booked via our resort. I just alternated from pool to beach to pool. He said he had a great time on each. The beer is always cold, plentiful and cheap. The smokes were cheap and readily available. Unlike some places, smokers were not shunned apon here. Every place has an ashtray to offer!

San Pedro isnt the place for a shop-a-holic. Although, all the stores were very quaint and unique, one day and you have been in all of them. I didnt find any place that sold gold, though, maybe I didnt look hard enough. There are certainly many treasures to be found, however. We did a cruise last year, and it surely was fantastic, but this was a vacation.

The flowers were amazing. The colors of the town buildings were so vibrant. The attitude there was "no shoes, no hurry, no problem". I lost all track of time while on AC. The week went far too fast. Always soft music coming from somewhere, and no noise from the traffic, which was welcome to my ears! I personally enjoyed seeing the dogs and cats running about, didnt bother my time in the least. It is too hot there for anything to chase you!

I cannot say enough good things about our trip and I cant wait to take the kids back with us next year. I invite anyone who might be planning a trip there to email me with any questions. Id be pleased to answer.

Wick
#98957 03/12/05 07:39 PM
thanks for your honest opinions, Wicktrimmer, It was great to hear that you didn't let anything get in the way of fun! You are hooked for life smile

#98958 03/12/05 07:46 PM
L
L
Hi,I'm from Montreal and have started looking into going to Belize for our next trip in 2006. Just wanted to know how you went about buying your trip. Any agent we've spoken to so far does'nt seem to even know Belize.
Can you give me any tips? Thanks in advance.
Bernadette

#98959 03/12/05 07:51 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Hi Bernadette!

You WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED AT ALL with your trip to Belize. I chose my resort, then booked, then went to a travel agent for tickets and she shopped for the best way to get there for the best price. We were only the second ones she had personally sent to Belize, so it was all new to her as well.

Wick
#98960 03/12/05 08:17 PM
Got the bug? Wanna go back? Visit www.sanpedrosc.org and win free air, free accomodations, free door prizes including meals, drinks, etc. and help the kids at the same time. smile

#98961 03/12/05 08:53 PM
Good take and acceptance on AC. Nice trip report.

Dare To Deviate
#98962 03/12/05 09:17 PM
Once that ticket it purchased it's a go cool

#98963 03/13/05 01:04 PM
I can't do any air from Canada but I'd be happy to help you with the land portion. Email me [email protected] Travel agent just for Belize only.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.