Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#9923 - 10/11/00 12:52 PM Habitat for Humanity contact info
susangg Offline
Habitat for Humanity is an organization founded (or strongly supported) by former President Jimmy Carter. They send crews of volunteers all around the world building houses for people in need. They have a presence in Belize. They might be willing to adopt one or two of the families who lost their wood homes and build them a concrete replacement home. They don't do mass relief, but help one or two families at a time.
(If we could identify the families who lost their homes completely and get an organization, person, family, or hotel to "adopt" each one, one family at a time, we could rebuild all their homes and make them safer so they don't fall down the next time a hurricane visits...)

Mailing Address:
HFH Belize
PO Box 2482
Belize City

Phone Number:

If anyone on this list has contacts with this organization, a personal appeal to Jimmy Carter might be in order. He has been to Belize.
Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: susangg@garcia.mpowermail.com

#9924 - 10/11/00 01:09 PM Re: Habitat for Humanity contact info
Marty Online   happy
will contact immediately

#9925 - 10/11/00 01:57 PM Re: Habitat for Humanity contact info
sara Offline
I think this is a great ida, the right housing can stand up to this type of storm and since new housing needs to be built it would make certainly make sense to provide safe stable housing. Would it make sense to start a fund for this? Could this be done in conjuction with an organization such as Habitats for Humanity? I have been reading this board for days since the hurricane and have sent some contributions , but now after reading the contradictory reports, I have concerns about the equitable distribution of goods and funds. I am hoping the town council is just and not prone to corruption.. Any feed back on this.
By the way has anyomne heard from or seen JEff Gram...Has he arrived with any supplies?

#9926 - 10/11/00 02:17 PM Re: Habitat for Humanity contact info
margarita Offline

#9927 - 10/11/00 06:32 PM Re: Habitat for Humanity contact info
kcbc Offline
Last time I was in Belize Habitat for Humanity is already there working on some housing in the Belize City area. Should be a contact somewhere in the City with info.

#9928 - 10/11/00 09:10 PM Re: Habitat for Humanity contact info
Laguna Punta Offline
Gone fishing!!

#9929 - 10/11/00 10:56 PM Re: Habitat for Humanity contact info
Laguna Punta Offline
Susan: There is a old Wooden Six-plex on the Old Doctor Elmer Property at the end of the airport. I understand this building is no more. There are four families that lived there that can use some help. Take care: Bill Thornton Billizer1@yahoo.com PS. Since there has been no positive responses at all about there where abouts, ya might ask your friend Ms Gomez where they are.
Gone fishing!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 67 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,717 Topics
461,256 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.