Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#99350 - 03/19/05 02:32 AM Belikin tastes like.............
BDinAZ Offline
I know there may be 1 or 2 of you out there that has sampled a Belikin, or 2, or 3---
What beer in the States can you compare it to taste wise?
I have read Rolling Rock, Milwaukee's Best Light, and Fosters' Bitter.
That's quite a range.
Anyone, anyone, someone....

#99351 - 03/19/05 02:46 AM Re: Belikin tastes like.............
jfabes Offline
I am not sure what it taste like but on april 13th when I get to bananna beach there will be a case of it in the fridge in my room and I will sample many and I will surely let you know what it compares to wink

#99352 - 03/19/05 02:56 AM Re: Belikin tastes like.............
BDinAZ Offline
We are staying there also this summer.
They said they will stock us up with just about anything if we ask.

#99353 - 03/19/05 12:56 PM Re: Belikin tastes like.............
Now Danny Offline
jfabes, we will be at banana beach April 16 thru the 30th. Lets have a few around the pool. They are like "little toms". we will be staying 2nd. floor ocean side but not on a corner. See you there. cool

#99354 - 03/19/05 03:57 PM Re: Belikin tastes like.............
brewkettle Offline
Almost all Central American beers have German character since the Germans settle en mass in CA and of course had to supply themselves with quality refreshments. As a brewer by trade, I can assure you that your flavor memory of your first Belikin will be enhanced by your whole experience. Your first experience should be in the airport at JETS BAR. The beer will be chilled and served out a plastic cup. Sit back in one of the wooden chairs in front of the bar and enjoy the fresh malt and Tettnang hops. Just enjoy the people watching until your island connection is made.
When you get to your lodging, grab you second one from the fridge or the pool bar and stare out at the beauty that surrounds you. Enjoy the warmth, the breeze and the aromas and ask youself if it really matters what the beer tastes like when life is this good.

#99355 - 03/19/05 04:14 PM Re: Belikin tastes like.............
Chloe Offline
Belikin tastes like Belize.

#99356 - 03/19/05 04:29 PM Re: Belikin tastes like.............
brewkettle Offline
Just remember to wipe the rust off of the bottle lip after removing the crown! laugh

#99357 - 03/19/05 10:32 PM Re: Belikin tastes like.............
Kra-Z-K Offline
Chloe, you put it well...it tastes like Belize!! smile

KE

#99358 - 03/19/05 10:33 PM Re: Belikin tastes like.............
BDinAZ Offline
brewkettle,
Your narrative is better than any Corona commercial I have seen.
You're right, the atmosphere creates the taste. Our Red Stripe bought at Albertsons never quite tasted the same as the ones we had on the beach in Negril.
BTW-Great website.
Talk about living the dream!

#99359 - 03/19/05 11:53 PM Re: Belikin tastes like.............
jfabes Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Now Danny:
jfabes, we will be at banana beach April 16 thru the 30th. Lets have a few around the pool. They are like "little toms". we will be staying 2nd. floor ocean side but not on a corner. See you there. cool
have no clue what room I will be in but I am up for drinking a few around the pool or on the beach on in the bar or in the water or anywhere

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.