Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#9939 10/11/00 01:58 PM
OP Offline
Morning all....

Where do I begin? I've been out and about this morning trying to gather some accurate info.
I had not been to the area where the boatyard is until this morning. Went back to visit Tom and Sari and see if there was anything I could do.

I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment by the conditions I saw. I will be posting some new information once I collect my thoughts and get them organized.

In the mean time, I have a favor to ask.

The situation here is bad and in order to try and keep things organized and the flow of info coming, we need to consolidate our posts on here.

Everyone has been great about getting info up as soon as possible. If we could just separate topics into Urgent & Non-Urgent issues, it would help a lot.

The Disaster Relief topic is good.....one place for everyone who is interested in sending supplies.
Please try to stick to the topic....I know it's hard....but that is how a lot of info gets lost in the jumble.

Maybe we can have a topic for just General Questions.

URGENT ISSUES:
Missing Persons
Health Care
Disease Control
Utility Restoration
Disaster Relief
Info to Property Owners Living Abroad.

NON-URGENT ISSUES:
(these would go into the GENERAL QUESTIONS topic)
Is a certain place still there?
Did a certain place sustain much damage?
Can you say hello to my friends?
How long before I can vacation?
Should I change my vacation plans?
Comments of a general nature.
All rumours.
PLEASE NOTE!...This is not to say any of these issues are not important. They are. The priorities at this point are the Urgent Issues and we need to focus on these in order to get things done.

I hope everyone doesn't think I'm taking charge and ordering people around. I don't intend for it to sound like that. It's just that after my trip around town this morning, it was PAINFULLY obvious what was really important and what can wait till later.
So please help us out on this.

Thanks so much!
I will post the separate topics....and please use these to organize posts. Remember only post info that you have first hand knowledge of....not assumptions. This is important.

We need to all try to remain calm and organized and work together as a team.
(Which is really hard to do at this point, I can tell ya that.)

#9940 10/11/00 02:23 PM
"

Dare To Deviate
#9941 10/11/00 02:30 PM
OP Offline
OK....I've posted the topics....now let me see if I can put together a post on what I learned this morning. [Linked Image]

Thanks for everyones help.
I have printed out the topic Disaster Relief and will give it to the Emergency Management Team so they know how hard everyone is woking at helping us out.

#9942 10/11/00 03:37 PM
C
C
Sandshaker,
I just wanted to say thanks. You always send thoughtful and informative messages. I have been trying to help the best I can from here. There have been a few things going on in way of relief here in Salt Lake, which is so good to know and to be a part of. I hope that everyone receives the help they need. I also hope to come there in November to help with whatever needs to be done, if it is not going to be a nuisance. I don't want to step on any toes. I just want to help! Keep up the great messages. It's great to see such great people communicating.

#9943 10/11/00 06:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
After seeing the dock area It sounded as if you had a lot of info to relay. Was I misstaken? That was 3hrs. ago.

#9944 10/11/00 06:43 PM
OP Offline
No....I didn't forget [Linked Image] Things have pulled me away from the office today and I haven't been able to post anything. Not to mention I can't stay connected to the internet for more than 2 minutes......keep getting bumped...traffic is very heavy right now.
I will post to a new topic....thanks for your patience!

#9945 10/11/00 07:55 PM
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

#9946 10/11/00 08:11 PM
K
K
Sandshaker, I echo Carrie's sentiments. I, too, had made plans back in August to come down November 13th. I had planned to dive, but after Keith, decided I would come and help with whatever was (is) needed. However, if I will be underfoot, or an extra burden to the island in regard to food, water, and an extra strain on utilities and infrastructure, I wonder if I should not come (even though my heart wants to badly). My travel agent is telling me that I must decide by Friday. Advice? Kim Matson in Wichita, KS
[email protected]

#9947 10/11/00 08:14 PM
OP Offline

#9948 10/11/00 08:24 PM
We as regulars on this board, have always answered all questions honestly from our point of view for the good people vacationing on Ambergris. We all want their tourism to get back in full operation, but they need time, and our patience. I too would love to come to San Pedro now, but from all I have read and I have read all the postings, we can best serve San Pedro to wait till they have rebuilt. We would just put a strain on them, more than a help now.

Dare To Deviate
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.