Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Thought I start a new thread . I am going to stay 5 nights at the Belizean Shores and either 5 Nights at the Tides or Aquamarina. Both in the same loaction both prices/night are about the same. Any thoughts out there?????

S
S
//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=009944#000007

Several differing opinions are given in the above thread.

S
S
SimonB's suggestion from the other topic is a great one for you. I think the really interesting and important question is: Where do you stay first, North or South?
In regards to AquaMarina Suites, there have been certain concerns raised... every property has some anecdotal negatives. If I were you, I would only stay at AquaMarina Suites if they could put you in any one of: Rooms 206, 207,306, or 307. Looking at the photo in the lodging section of this sight, these rooms are left side, middle and top floor.

OP Offline
Thanks
SandB I will stay north for the first 5 nights
After that and reading the thread on Aqua I deceided to pass. But considering (all around $ 85-100/night) Tides, Seven Seas and Bannana Beach- Seven Seas gives You a full kitchen,TV Pool) what are the beaches like at all three?? What are opinions of these places? Really appreciate all the help
What a differance.

C
C
We stayed at Banana Beach the first part of March. I would recommend them any day. We had an ocean front suite though so can't attest to the pool area rooms. The service and people are what would bring me back. The restaurant and breakfast were also another big plus. We liked the location too.

A
A
mustardgirl, you are bold!

OP Offline
what does that mean Angela?? sarcastic is good!

We've stayed at Seven Seas three times, so obviously we like it. However, we we don't spend a lot of time in the room. We're happy with the value for the price, but I don't think the units are as nice as at Belizean Shores. You can probably find other posts delineating pros/cons about the place, but here are mine.

Pros:
-Quiet, but close to town.
-Well maintained
-Friendly staff - helpful in scheduling trips.
-Nice pool area
-Decent kitchen w/ microwave, etc.
-View from the sun deck is nice and the front yard is pleasant.
-It's close to Papi's - a good traditional Belizean restaurant. And it's only a block or so away from the bakery.

Cons:
-AC only in bedroom - bedroom is smallish
-Pool is behind the building, rather than by the beach.
-Most of the suite photos you see on the website are of a model - not of the actual room you will stay in.
-The rooms don't benefit from the trade winds as much due to the internal configuration of the rooms.
-There is no real beach at Seven Seas - there's a small sea wall at the water line.

Here's a thread from last May that discussed Seven Seas: //ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=008741#000000

We'll be at Seven Seas next week - I'll be glad to give you a fresh update when we get back, but you may need to make your decision before then.

OP Offline
Thanks Is it nice to be friends? I know I am crazy but I am really considering Banana Beach for 5 Nights and Belizean Shores for the other Five
Thanks again

E
E
BANANA BEACH !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.