Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#99879 - 03/29/05 06:26 PM Belize on Continental Air
cindyb Offline
For anyone who is interested...I just got a fare watcher update from Continental:

Belize from $719
Belize Yacht Club
$719 from Houston (IAH)
$939 from Cleveland (CLE)
$939 from Newark (EWR)
Book By: April 10, 2005.
For Travel: May 3 - May 20, 2005.

Package Includes: Round-trip air via Continental Airlines, 3 nights hotel accommodations, hotel taxes, and round-trip airport transfers. IAH based on nonstop service.
Conditions: Rates do not include U.S. Government International Travel Taxes and fees. Security Surcharge and Departure Tax of approximately $92(USD) per person, and up to $20(USD) per person Processing Fee. Rates based on published airfare which is capacity controlled and is subject to change at any time. Rates and taxes are subject to change without notice. Gratuities require direct payment by passenger. Packages based on TUE departures. Rates are per person, based on double occupancy, and may be restricted to specific flights, dates, days of travel, hotel and room categories. Other travel restrictions may apply. Tours operated by Certified Vacations Group, Inc.

#99880 - 03/30/05 08:10 PM Re: Belize on Continental Air
klcman Offline
that's no big deal
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#99881 - 04/01/05 11:03 AM Re: Belize on Continental Air
captjeff Offline
I also do not think this is hot price .. rooms are like $140 at a nice place per nite not perperson then add air ??? do the math ????
Living The Dream Every Day!

#99882 - 04/01/05 11:14 AM Re: Belize on Continental Air
Catatonic Motivator Offline
Not relevant to prices, and I was going to avoid negative commentary, but I may as well get it out.

Every time we've been to BZE we've flown Continental (tons of points with them) and, up 'til our last trip, we were very satisfied. This last round of flights really soured us on them. Cranky staff, many delays and far too much running at Bush in Houston.

And we were not impressed at all with Houston's new international arrivals terminal. About a mile further than it used to be (which was very close to the arrival gates) and huge, but with very few stations actually manned (or womaned, for that matter). The baggage reclaim and check area is now enormous but even worse than before for signage. You pretty much have to wander past the myriad of carousels and hope you can find your flight number. After that, Continental's people sent us the wrong way to recheck (with only minutes to run through most of the airport to make our connection) and we had to argue with them just to get our bags checked.

Of course, when we got to the gate less than five minutes before scheduled departure, we found it was delayed (not shown on the monitors in any of the terminals). Then they camped us on the runway for AN HOUR in the plane while they, get this, waited for some lost luggage from BZE to be located and loaded.

It was very disappointing.
* I Go Pogo *

#99883 - 04/01/05 11:39 AM Re: Belize on Continental Air
angelacarr1961 Offline
That's too bad. I guess the 10% pay-cuts, affective today, have really gotten to the Continental employees. As for the new Int'l arrival, I found it to be 10 times faster than ever... oh well. There will be the good times and the bad.

#99884 - 04/01/05 07:12 PM Re: Belize on Continental Air
klcman Offline
I agree CatMo - mixed feelings on the new Int'l arrivals "state of the art" facility. Blew thru Immigration in 45 seconds, lots of agents on station. Then waited 35 minutes at the new "s-o-t-a" baggage carousel which was experienicng software glitches. Eventually they figured out that HUMANS could handle the bags eek - imagine that. By the time CO figured all this out, they were holding 15 flights so people could get home. Actually, this facility was closder to our gates...guess it all dpeneds upon where your connectin is. I think, in time, they will get it all figured out.

#99885 - 04/01/05 07:37 PM Re: Belize on Continental Air
Ernie B Offline
Just a minor ripple, I sat in the airport in Hong Kong for three days, a terroist had bombed the 'mall' be hind the Hong Kong Sheraton (Kowloon). Army guys with M-16s, dogs and what have you. The terminal ran out of booze, food, snacks etc. Flights were delayed for at least 3-4 days. No showers. When we finally boarded the 747 all we ask for was food, booze and lots of venalation !
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#99886 - 04/01/05 07:58 PM Re: Belize on Continental Air
cindyb Offline
Those of you that have already made the trek through Houston Bush, thanks for the comments. We are flying CO on our next trip, mainly because they would allow our puppy in cabin where AA wouldn't.

As far as the price, don't shoot the messenger! I have no idea what costs are running these days, we booked when prices were down.

#99887 - 04/01/05 08:02 PM Re: Belize on Continental Air
scubaron Offline
how this one for size? We booked two days ago from Reno to Belize was $768.00 RT. And the rates are supposed to go up very shortly.

#99888 - 04/01/05 08:08 PM Re: Belize on Continental Air
klcman Offline
its hard to get anywhere from Reno....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.