Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#99930 - 03/30/05 10:49 PM Belize in August
Roxanne Offline
I will be making my first trip to Belize in August and I am learning more about the island everyday. Im wondering if anyone out there is planning a trip in August as well. I will be there at the end of August. Also, what is the weather like in August. I notice that is the "low" season. Why is this?

#99931 - 03/30/05 11:05 PM Re: Belize in August
Skyliner Offline
Hot, humid and part of the hurricane season. We were in Belize 8/01 just after Chantel rolled through. Fortunately the storm itself was a non-event, however the massive evacuation of the island prior to the storm was not.

We had great weather while we were there - no storms at all. But, it was extremely sticky. August is also prone to what's referred to as "mauger winds" when the trade winds that typically help keep the place comfortable despite the heat, die away.

Odds are that you'll have a great time without problems, but it is a possibility.

#99932 - 03/30/05 11:38 PM Re: Belize in August
streetchie Offline
August is HOOOOOOTTTTTTT! and wonderful. Crowds are low along with prices at hotels and restaurants. Stay somewhere with a nice pool. The only problem you will face is that some places shut down during this time of summer.

#99933 - 03/30/05 11:41 PM Re: Belize in August
Roxanne Offline
How does the humidity compare to somewhere like Hawaii? I have been there 4 times.
I love hot weather and the less people around, the better. Hurricanes, on the other hand, are a scary thought.

#99934 - 03/31/05 01:49 AM Re: Belize in August
streetchie Offline
If you're concerned about the humidity, you shouldn't go during August. It's HOT and extremely HUMID!!

#99935 - 03/31/05 02:26 AM Re: Belize in August
TXTraveler Offline
We were there the end of July last year and it was pretty sticky the whole time but still amazing smile I would suggest getting a place with A/C for those warm nights (better sleep). Otherwise just stay in the water as much as possible & you'll have a great time!

#99936 - 03/31/05 03:00 PM Re: Belize in August
tcline1 Offline
I'm also going in August and had some of the same concerns. I figure I can deal with the heat so long at there are no big storms.

#99937 - 03/31/05 04:32 PM Re: Belize in August
Wendy Jo Offline
We were there last August (late in the month) and did not have a problem with the heat or the humidity. Then again, we're from South Florida and are used to both! There was always a nice breeze coming off the water which kept the temps very comfortable. We were surprised that even the restaurants in town (off the beach) were perfectly comfortable (all were open-air with no a/c). We would definitely go in August again.

#99938 - 03/31/05 07:28 PM Re: Belize in August
Roxanne Offline
I didnt really have a concern about the heat or the humidity in August, I was mostly curious and wanted to know what to expect. I have been to Florida and Hawaii 4 times so I am fine with the humidity. I am truley looking forward to this trip. My husband, on the other hand, will definatly need the air conditioner which we will have in our room. What about he shops being shut down during that time, does that have an affect on the "fun factor"? wink

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 58 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,230 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.