Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#147968 01/30/03 11:00 PM
OP Offline
Hey Boarders and friends... we be home from another week in paradise... frown
Anyone who wants some "Marie's" we brought plenty back just give a buzz or write us, you got a bottle with your name on it.
We brought the kids again this time and no problems with any of the flights, in fact on the jumper Maggie was co up there with the pilot. She had some fun!
We stayed at Vicki and Butch's joint, Caribe Island. smile I'm telling you that place just keeps getting better and better!!! We had a three BR OF which was GREAT!!! We e-mailed ahead and had the fridge stocked and ready to roll! A few of you know Vicki and Butch and what giving and gracious hosts they are. (once ya get to know them that is. hehe) The girls had individual cards in their rooms welcoming them to Belize with several gifts, as well as a huge fruit basket and a very beautiful cut flower arrangement just smiling at us. GEEZE talk about being welcome...
But I guess that isn't “normal” WE be special I hear. hehe
That evening we just hung out with Vicki, Butch, and DeeOGee, had dinner, (lobster...YUMM) and met some VERY nice people who do the travel agent thing. Apparently they loved Carib and Albert cause they were there a bunch of times and weren't even staying at the resort. Although that happened several times with other groups as well! I'm tellin ya Caribe is GREAT!
Day 2: Saturday, was cold! We walked from Caribe to Papi's and had lunch, lobster again. Bought Maggie a tape and cd player. (remember I had two days to pack, and get my real job work done) then walked back to the resort.
Now it gets a bit foggy...
We went to Fido's that evening with some of our local friends. WOW they did good with the re-model there! Ate dinner again, lobster. ETV was there doing filming and it was PACKED! Category 7 was playing and they were really GREAT!!! Maggie fell in love with James in Cat7. It was toooo funny. She and I got up to dance and she just stared at him, I was even dancing like an Egyptian around her and NOTHIN. LOL Mama just did NOT exist.
Told him about Maggie when we saw him at Mangos the next day (of course I didn't recognize him at first... duh) Anywho he said to bring Maggie back and he would take a break and speak with her when they played again, and maybe do a song for her. A group of us... Vicki, Butch, Joanie, Skullyboy, Colby, Amy, Mike, and well... us, went back to Fido's and he was true to his word! BUT... after he was a chattin with her I found out it wasn't James she liked soooo much, it was Ebbe. So as the good mom I am, I found and told Ebbe the same story. JIMMINY.... he not only chatted with her. He (they; Cat 7) dedicated a song to her which she quickly got off her chair and ran like the wind to the dance floor. She just stared and swayed once again, in her long mexican skirt flowing it to and fro. lol THEN he jumped off the stage and sang right to her face. OMGAWD she was in HEAVEN! LANCE BASS move over dude, you got company and competition. hehe
Maggies excellent adventure! laugh
Now it gets really foggy...
I'm not sure when Amy and Mike arrived, I'm not sure when Skullyboy and family arrived but they were indeed a big part of our trip!!! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!
One of these days I met up with a fishing dude, Ed and he got me psyched. I made it a mission to get to town to get line, hooks, and bait. (we walked of course and on the way I was lookin for some “sticks” to make a pole. LOL Bill Thornton once said our family was the Flinstones and the Jetsons combined so go figure... this IS normal for us. We found some “poles” and the store for other fishin gear.
OH, we met boarders M&M at Fido's and met again at the resort another evening and did the chit chat thing. NICE nice people! (Loie & Robert they love ya!)
OH, OH, did I mention I thought I saw REEF RANSOM three times, I was looking for him everywhere. On our last day I stopped this same dude and questioned him. NOT... so much for my fantasy of Indiana Jones! :rolleyes:
Oh yea, we did the chat thing with Island Dog, bought a couple of prints AND the SAGA calendar. VERY NICE!
Anywho... Skullyboy and his wife Joanie (who is beautiful by the way) and son Colby, who is OMGAWD... CUTE, CUTE, CUTE, and another couple "kinda sorta" from Colorado who I hope will be posting upon return. THEY... Amy and Mike are just cuter then heck and were doing an Anniversary thing there!!! And OMG Amy looks AND has the energy of Jeanie Ritter. (I gotta get those two together. lol Could ya even imagine?!)
We all chartered a boat with Vicki and Butch and went to Caye Caulker, Shark Ray, and Hol Chan. OMG what FUN! We went directly to CC... wouldn't ya just know it, Rasta Pasta was closed that day.... Marilyn where were ya gal? frown I really wanted those fritters! We rented a cart for an hour and hung with Skullyboy and Joanie doing the tourist thing. We looked for Silk Painter as well but no luck. Nice laid back Island and mostly European tourists as we could tell.
Then off to Shark Ray, Amy's first time to snorkel and she was just psyched and had a great time as all did. She volunteered to watch Maggie at Hol Chan, bless her heart cause we didn't warn her about Maggie's “abilities”. Just so ya all know... Maggie snorkels with a mask WITHOUT a strap, NO snorkel, and NO fins. Poor Amy was gettin exhausted trying to keep up. lol Maggie is just a fish and she was a crusin. If we were to give her fins she would have made it to Mexico in an hour. TOTAL fun again by all!
Gosh I sure am skipping around here. Made it to Sweet Basils.... yep lobster again. I'm telling you though I ate lobster 5 of 7, the best was at Caribe with peppers, onions, and white wine sauce. YUMMMM! OH... and the pork chops, battered shrimp, and BB muffins among other things were to die for. But I also gotta tell ya stewed chix, rice and beans were FAB everywhere and I really would never have eaten that stuff a few years ago. (Remember I think camping is the Hilton, funny/weird I think... that I can fall in love with an Island and it's people, eat and like food I never liked before cause I love being there)
Saw Skinny and Elizabeth a few times, they look great and are doing fine! (he says hey to ya Pirate Mon) He still sing and play good mon! OH... I guess he be comin to Denver again in June/July. Hummmm again, a bit foggy. wink
We threw rocks at JJW's house. lol looonnnggg story.....
Saw 2 of the Potatoes Queens homes....REAL NICE!
It was GREAT to visit with Becky (Bound for Belize) on her last day on the Island. Anne Child and Magnolia drove her back to BB and she gave them a tour. They loved it! Vicki had set me up with a realtor so I didn't get to do a proper good-by to her so I"ll do it now. LOVE YA BECKY, and thank you!!!
Went to Coconuts, (nice job there!) BC's, what a hoot, Pier Longe for the Chicken Drop again, (Jim wasn't there but I heard a rumor about a PALAPA... way to go mon!) and... geeze it's hard to remember all but had a blast everywhere! Spent most of our time as family R&Rn which is always the best! smile

continued by Anne: on Trip report #2

#147969 01/31/03 02:08 PM
hope, I LOVE YOU!! you warm my soul.

vicki said m&m and skullyboy & fam were just nice nice nice people. she had a blast with you all.

love your reports. they so so much about your experiences. cant wait for anne's.

#147970 01/31/03 02:35 PM
Hope, your fam is the best. You all were a real treat. Looking forward to seeing you again. wink wink

#147971 01/31/03 07:12 PM
Hope Hopie Hopeful and maybe alittle Hopeless.

You and your family are one in a million, keep up the good work, and keep the Belize news pouring in here.

You are blessed, with great daughters to enjoy life with, even on vacation.

You failed tho, you did not find BILL, or any word of his where abouts.

Dare To Deviate
#147972 01/31/03 10:01 PM
you guys make me smile ear to ear. love it...

#147973 01/31/03 10:59 PM
I am always there for the dropping(s). I just had on my 'weird uncle Harold' disguise again so I get ignored.
FYI
B C 's bar and grill was designed and built by the same guy that did the Palapa Bar & Grill. You get 1 guess who that is. :rolleyes:

Jim
#147974 02/01/03 06:12 PM
My guess is Jim.

Dare To Deviate
#147975 02/03/03 01:29 PM
Sooooo glad you had a fantastic time...about freakin' time! You guys earned it. And the royal treatment...awesome!

As you told the story about Magg's & Ebbe I could picture everything. How cute is that? Both Maggie & Annie are such great kids. Glad to hear that everyone had such a nice time.

Thanks for the message from M&M. Aren't they wonderful? We miss them terribly.

Love,
Loie

- - -
"Everywhere I turn all the beauty just keeps shaking me." Amy Ray, World Falls
#147976 02/03/03 01:54 PM
Hope, Hope, Hope, Hope and family, had a gooood time.
I had read this on the day we returned but I was totally off the wall tired. (those cayes do ya in, lol)

Those days do get mixed up after a while, one needs to keep a journal or forget. I prefer to TRY and remember, it's more appealing to suddenly think of something, it's fun or sometimes embarassing. laugh

#147977 02/07/03 04:47 AM
R
R
With love from Rasta Pasta .... I'm allowed 1 day off for bad behavior... especially since I live next to the police station... every Wednesday is day off at Rasta Pasta... soooooo sorry we missed you Marayn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.