Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
We arrived on Nov 3rd a little nervous, being that it was my first time out of the country beside Tijuana which really doesn't count right. We decided to take the water taxi to AC, which turned out to be lovely, to just get a feel of the people, although the smell(not sure from where, I think the help on the front of the boat, or the farmer dude sitting next to me. We did get some good information, from residents of Kaye Caulker, and some of the other locals on the boat. The sites on the way over were very nice and added to the excitement.(the cost for the boat ride was 26 us total for both of us and the taxi ride we split with another guy was 25 total) We arrived in AC about an hour after we left Belize city. There were taxis(which we didn't figure out we didn't need until after the fact, the main part of the island is rather small and you can walk from pier to pier, our pickup was at fido's (pronounced fee-do's)well anyway, got there and exchanged some money for the higher exchange rate, I think we got 208 for 100 us at the building that century 21 is in. They called the boat from The Sundiver to come and pick us up. We had a nice welcome from the owner, and the rest of the staff there, on arriving to pick us up at fido's Michael one of the drivers bought us our first beliken(sounds like pelican)I'll have to say I'm not a big drinker but something about the island...and the atmosphere..it is easy to relax and party just a little bit. I enjoyed watching the people and shopping at the shops, I found bargain hunting fun there, because although most places were a little high, it just encouraged me to be more creative, I bought postcards and am going to put them in frames, for souveneirs(saw that in one of the shops at a ridiculous price). We also shopped at the local store, and bought local snacks, for our room, as well, as soda because it was cheaper that way then to keep buying them individually from the resort. I liked the resort we stayed at the ambiance was awesome, we stayed in a beach nook, and it was like we had our own private beach. The resort is not very big, and the people that were staying there all connected like a big happy family. The staff was awesome and very accomadating. I fell in love with one of the dog's there that needed a home, and I couldn't take her with me..anyway a whole nother story. As for food, I'd have to say that my favorite was jambell's not sure on the spelling, but it rocked. we ate at several places including capricorn(wasn't impressed), I ate at mata chicas(sent the pasta back..was nasty..but tried friends fish and was very good), We ate at the sundiver, food was ok, not to bad a little pricey. I fell in love with shirley's rice and beans with stewed chicken and potato salad(in the shacks by the park for a whopping 2.50 us). I'd have to say I have never like lobster, but while I was there I ate it 3 times, it was very good. My brother got married on the 8th and although an unpredictible weather day, it all turned out beautifully, they made 3 arches out of palm fronds, and decorated with local flowers and it was on the beach, other then the wind being rather high it was ok. We had a great time, and it was all enchanting, I think the rain made it a little more challenging, but the rain never stayed long, I also had no other choice but to relax. There is no big hurry to do anything while you are there, and the people we met, we will never forget. I loved it, and over all the price of the trip for the week came to about 2,000, which isn't to bad at all, considering that included souvenirs. I think that is a good lifetime experience, and will go back again soon, and take my children as well. I'am not the best at writing stories, so if you have any questions feel free to email me, I will be glad to give you my opinion.

ann

Ann Mcmillian
Ann, I am impressed, you were a true trooper, trying new things, you did not expect to enjoy, and found the spirit and joy on Ambergris, which will serve you well back home, for many years.

Dare To Deviate
S
OP Offline
S
Loved it! won't forget it! and can't wait to go back again! There is so much to tell on a 7 day trip I wish I could paint a picture...to tell people how cool it is there, and how enjoyable. I won't forget shark ray alley, and we also snorkeled at the coral gardens, which was awesome because we were the only ones there.

Ann Mcmillian
Thank you for the trip report. It brought me back to my first visit to San Pedro. Was happy to see you liked Shirley's Rice and Beans. That is a great lesson, San Pedro is really not that expensive if you adapt to the Belizian Way of Life.

Gone fishing!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.