Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76794 12/02/03 09:24 PM
OP Offline
We were in San Pedro with our 2 kids (ages 5 and & 7) and my in-laws who have travelled a lot. The six of us decided to stay North of the cut based upon what we read on the message board. We do fine with being in a more remote location and eat in quite a bit.

We chose White Sands Cove which has very nice, well maintained condos. We were right on the beach and loved that part of it. The palm trees were beautiful! We were disappointed in the management there however. They were not friendly and we felt as though we were somewhat of an imposition on them. They also were not very knowledgeable about local things going on, places to eat etc. We had done quite a bit of research ahead of time via the message board and were pretty prepared. Also, their pool is salt water and very chilly and murky. Despite the above description, we had a really good trip!

We went out on two snorkeling trips. Once to Mexico Rocks and then once to Hol Chan and Shark Ray. The kids loved both of them. The amount of fish at Hol Chan was amazing. We saw about 15 nurse sharks and my kids are braver than I would have imagined. They could not wait to tell the kids at school they snorkeled w/sharks.

We ate out more than ususal and the food was really good. The whole atmosphere really lends itself to eating out with small kids. Where else can you eat and have drinks at a beach restaurant and have your kids playing in the sand?

We ate at:
BC's BBQ-good seafood
Capricorns (w/out the kids)-great food, service and really nice owners, they really take care of their dinner guests!
Banyan Bay-decent lunch
Pauly's Pizza (up North)-huge pizza and calzone Rasta Pasta (on Caye Caulker)-incredible Lobster Curry and Lobster Pasta
Capricorns(again!)-This time carry out, kids had the Belizean Chicken and liked it.
Capt'n Morgans-for Turkey Dinner, very good

We stopped at the bakery twice and loved the bread pudding and banana bread. Also squeezed in a drink at The Palapa Bar.

We rented a golf cart for a day and drove through troughs of mud to go to and from town. We rode bikes one day and that was much better. The bugs were really biting. I'm sure being up North didn't help.

Overall, it was a great trip. The whole atmosphere on the island really grows on you. Thanks to everyone who posts info. I have been reading the board daily since last January when we booked the trip and every bit of info helped.

One last note: My in-laws have been to virtually every Caribbean Island over the last 20 years and said the charm and ruralness of San Pedro qualified it as one of their favorite destinations. smile

#76795 12/02/03 10:05 PM
S
S
Nice.
Thanks for the report.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.