Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
well fishing fans here is the skinny on march fishing arived on sun the 7 of march ..the winds have been blowing from the north east for ten days very gusty .fishing has been fair to just ok nothing great the previous two weeks .. monday we venture out to fish with a fresh brisk wind in the morinning out of the north east but it looks like it is starting to slow down . we go south and try outside the reef we drift with live sardines and the bite is on the trigger fish are going wild ,we catch one after the other .you get a fish or lose your bait we also catch some yellow tail and mutton snapper and small groupper wich of course we throw back .. in betwwen the trigger fish blitz this is non stop action ..we come in by 12.30 pm with lots of fish to give away ..all in all a great day
day two thre and four are more of the same we catch some trigger /snapper /small throw back groupper .on all days the cuda are still eatting our fish as we reel them in ...some days they eat the fish ,some days we catch the cuda ??? and we win the fast action is fun galore ..but on thrid day thats the fourth day after the full moon it is really fabulous .. this is a fishing dream it is so wonderful and the action fast and they bitting so i ask my expert my favotite guide / capt he is the famous capt bicho from fishingsanpedro.com he gives me the answer bicho says always four days after the full moon it is the time they get crazy and go on feed..any way we we can tell as are arms are tired from catching so many fish.. we have vip guests aboard this five days of great fishing on the fishingsanpedro .com boat # here is the list of lucky people ## mr warmth mr pedro 1 from pedro backpackers hotel /steve demayo the new owner of coconuts internet /chris from island internet / sean and kevin from the board and from nj and ny .. my belizian mentor bywarren from the board and belie expert . ALL IN ALL FISHING IMPROVED if you can believe that each day it was better and better .a good mix of reef fish was had by all ....it was that good capt bicho said it was so much better this week than the last two... when the wind blows hard fishing slows down ,and march is the month you can get some wind ,but we where blessed with fair skys just a lite quick rain sprinkel a couple of days but very little wind . the water temp was warm we fished from south to the caye caulker channel all the way north to rocky point ,fishing was real good to great ..

this is a great time to fish four days after the full moon and after the fish spawn and are feeding ,the mix of species was not differant each day the same except for rocky point where we caught some real big schoolmaster snapper ,and lost some big fish in the rocks .. capt bicho still amazes me with his knowledge of the fishing area ,and where to go and when ??and how make for great days on the water ,his sweet dimeanor ,nice personality and fishing skill are second to none... check out his other fishing fans he is fast becoming sanpedro hot guide ..his soninlaw now runs the new flats boat for flyfishing /spin fishing in the lagoon catching lots of bones some permit .fast action and good catching are had by all... thats all what it is about... fishing living the dream day with nice friends and great crew day after day . ...well fishing fans thats the real fishing scoop soooo no wind good captain equal lots of fish ..it does not get any better .life is short so do it when you can I have a sign hanging in my office.. it says if you can afford to vacation and don't . ..don't worry your heirs to your estate will !!!!!!!! so go live your dream and enjoy p.s. to get in touch with capt bicho rivero for a great day ..go to fishingsanpedro.com

Living The Dream Every Day!
S
S
CAPT. JEFF, I just want to thank you and fishingsanpedro.com. My friend kevin and I had a great time! Capt.Bicho and his son are the best! You are a fantastic fisherman who gave me more than a tip or two. I can't say enough about the B.B.Q's cooking up our fresh fish. Not to mention how the stained glass pub cooked them up another day. My biggest catch, a huge snapper and I got in a battle with a barracuda. Well, the barracuda won after a fun struggle.That day we were fishing with charlie on the flats. I've been fishing for many years, but this trip was so special to us! We felt like royalty one afternoon having capt.bicho as our guide snorkeling at hol chan and than off to caye caulker for some belikens as he waited for us on the boat.Another day it was so cool to be pulling up some trigger fish one minute and having capt. bicho change the rig in an instant and hook another fighting barracuda that just stole half our fish again,this time we won! You and fishingsanpedro.com are a first class act. I can't wait to come back next year! Thanks again- Sean from N.J. P.S I will mail you copies of the pictures!!!

OP Offline
sean it was great to fish with you guys ,we had fun ,got lots of fish.,had wonderful food ,a got to live the dream one more day ..but you and kevin are real special new friends hope we get to live the fishing dream a lot.. and enjoy fishing for many years to come in sanpedro together ....please keep in touch ....

J
J
captjeff, you're killing me. I was there the week before you, and the wind was really howling and most trips were canx that week. Never did get out to fish, but I ate fish every chance I had, some of the best fish dishes I ever ate!!!! We also stayed at Aqua Marina.Left the day you arrived. We had a great time there.Staff was teriffic. Did you run in to my brother in-law Ed, he works there. My next trip,which we will no dought make,I hope to get out fishing.

OP Offline
jack and rose never got to meet ed but... did hear about the strong winds ,too bad next trip down ..you must e mail fishingsanpedro.com and book a great day fishing /snorkeling and bicho does a bbq feast thats is just super ..but try to go when I go ??I am usually lucky with the weather ???? well I was till I said that duh ,,duh ..come back to sanpedro and we can get to live the dream together ,and enjoy ..

G
G
Capt. Jeff honey when are you going to be there in April???? I plan on being down there next month (and definitely want to go fishing with Bichou again!) laugh

OP Offline
govikes bussy month for me looks like april 29 ???maybe ..would love to see ya again !!!!your a fun gal ..

capt. jeff...

still getting a thrill out of reading your posts and others who have experienced a "day with bicho". as you said...he is a very "sweet" person...very quiet, soft spoken, yet going out of his way to make the trip special. he must have done this same day trip hundreds of times but when you are on his charter, he makes you feel very special. i felt like royalty!

the pictures and memories i have of our day with him are some of the best in my life...i know the meal he cooked for us is THE BEST! i hope by now you've seen the pictures i posted (he can use them on his web site as testimonials if he wants). one of my very favourite pictures was of his boat docked at our beach bbq ... manned only by the pelicans who took it over after the fish cleaning was done. that was a sight to see!

i just had to tell you again how glad i am that you turned us on to booking a charter with him. you don't exaggerate when you speak so highly of taking this trip and i hope many more people will take your very good advice when they head to AC.

got to "live the dream"...thanks!

OP Offline
when I read your posts on capt bicho and the fishingsanpedro.com team it makes me feel great .....because you hade a wonderful day and got to live the dream makes it all .. worthwhile glad you and alan enjoyed sanpedro ,you are fun people and maybe we can fish and party together ,..I would be truly blessed to see your face inperson hooking into a big fish ...bicho told me to tell you thank you sooooo much for the kind words about my buddy bicho .. but by now you know what I mean by me saying this guy is great /cool and a wonderful capt guide and will give you your best day in sanpedro ...thanks for helping me live the dream each time I read your posts as you have a flair for writing and your photos are super ..... you go girl ,live life to the max...

Captain Jeff--Took your advice and after Mikells high review we booked Capt Bicho for some fishing also. 6 days and I can hardly wait. If the fishing is only a fraction of what you had, I'm sure it will be the best my hubbys ever seen. Can't wait.. oh I already said that. cool

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.