Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
well fishing fans here is the skinny on fishing in june ...the weather was not the best ,do not get me wrong just beautiful sunny skies ,but lots of wind ,south east 25 miles a hour plus,made for choopy seas . day #1 fished with pedro#1 the birthday boy ,and chris from island internet .. the first day was a fair day some snapper ,one huge one caught by me ,but vey tough fishing ,we used live sardines and had a ok morning as pedro#1 did not catch the biggest fish that day all he did was complain and bitch about the wind ,but chris was his usualy nice self fished the inner reef south ..

day two wind blowing again howling from again south east ,25 to 35 miles a hour . capt bicho changed plans from reef to flats as flats boat was open just by chance !!!! we tried his back spots in lagoon to get out of wind ...went out just me and capt bicho and capt charlie his son and great flats guide a gem of a young man very talented, just like his father .. we went to the flats to try for bone fish on spinning tackel.the capt is not in to fly fishing .. we used shrimp, I got about ten fish, in two hours, fishing was hot , action galore. not my thing but fun .we tried it as the wind was so bad by the reef ,and I needed some bone fish lessons any way.. a good way to kill some time ..all fish was caught and released ..also we seen some nice tarpon back there .in the 30 to 5o lb range ,capt bicho has a spot that holds huge fish and is not affected by wind .we did not hook any as we spooked them ..and we where not rigged to fish for them anyway !!!!today the back lagoon was full of cuda's to troll thru ...we did that as we had the poles with wire line ready to do the trolling ..got 4 cuda's one right after the other.. all fish caught today where sent back so we may catch another day .all in ALL a great morning of fishing . we only fished like 8 to 12 lots of laughs charlie is a funny guy, great guide we had good fun ,great fishing . any way as I had so much to do, to close on the condo I just purchased so we called it a day , a just !!!!! super nice time ..

day #three just me again was to fish with from coconets internet cafe,but steve a good buddy was a no show, he had rough night???..will leave it at that .???????? capt bicho said lets go back to the spot by lobster traps ,to see if any fish still in the area.as he seen some jacks and snapper there last week .. he was fixing his lobster traps to get them ready for the season,any way dropped anchor near his spot ,and the school of jacks where still there,on the spot .. the water was boiling they where still there , so many ,they where circling the boat we thru out hand full of chum ,lots of live sardines , boom the bite was on,,, reels where smokeing ,line snapping , the bite fast and furious .take no prisoners ,me and bicho jr capt bicho son fished ,it was a big jack or mangrove snapper ,some big ones ,action galore this was fishing , two hours of non stop action you landed a fish or lost your hook, or snapped your line !!!! there where some big ones we could just not land !!!....like all good things the fished stoped bitting ?????? as three huge cuda's came for dinner ,end of story ,not a bite after they got here .but a great two hours of catching lots fish ..it does not get any better then this.. morning .. see photos ,of my self capt bicho , from fishingsanpedro.com fame and his son bicho jr mate and snorkel buddy ..a wondeful fishing trip ,short but fun ,to bad the wind was not cooperating ,sun each day and hot ,but just to windy over all for great fishing .. but wait till next month fishing fans !!!!!! all fishing was done with my buddy capt bicho his son capt charlie also a great guide like father like son ,and the fishingsanpedro.com crew bicho jr and nesta great mates and snorkel buddys all his sons ,as this is a family business and they treat it like that.. as it feeds all there familes so the service is great you get pamperd as they make sure you have a wonderful day on the water or under it ..and they make sure that all who use !!them feel as it was there best day, lots of value ,lots of bang for your buck a nice day .. try to go out fishing it is good for the soul ..and it makes livin the dream easy !!!

capt jeff"s quick resturant report
went to my usual places estelles on the beach for breakfest ,yum yum yum ,the best in town ,,
stained glass pub still a good ticket ,great food ,taste of thailand tippy still a great eving of dinning ,real good food ,did go to casa picasso for the fri night spasnish paella..started with super ceasar salad super a big portion then one great paella as good as the ones in spain ,no joke any body who knows capt jeff he is picky ,but this place was absolutely wonderful,on my top ten list,, service was outstanding water glass was filled evey ten seconds ,did not try the deserts but sopke to table near bye they loved the deserts and the huge martinis ,half price after 9 pm ,chris and his wife are sweet and made sure things went right for his guests, as it was a packed house..will go back next trip to do a repeat ,this young team has there act together try this place one fri night ..

well thats the real deal from my june trip just livin the dream one day at a time ..livin life to the max ,for me sanpedro,is as close to heaven as I will get !!!!!!!! enjoy

[Linked Image]
bicho jr my mate and snorkel buddy ,always smiling ,

[Linked Image]
capt bicho

[Linked Image]
capt jeff and famous capt bicho rivero

Living The Dream Every Day!
K
K
Capt: Was reading Marty and bywarrens thread b4 yours. What do you do with all those dead fish?

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
OP Offline
feed lots of hungry people in town ,fish is very expensive ,so every day when we catch fish is like christmas ,we give away free to some locals that have lots of kids we know who they are !!!! and some work two jobs 7 days a week just to live !!!!mostly from other countries in c/a . makes us sleep better at night .giving back is good .

Living The Dream Every Day!
That was an amazing catch. You must have had a blast! Thanks for sharing.

Take care!

I just drooled all over my keyboard. Those are some NICE fish!

Me nice?? It must have been something I ate.

Tradewinds, let's do one of those kind of fishing trips next time!

Jeff,

It wasn't the ruff night, it was the ruff morning.

Steve

[email protected] to book your fishing trips.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.