Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#149037 02/21/03 10:42 PM
OP Offline
THIS COULD GET LONG BUT HOPE YOU ENJOY AS WE SURE DID!! I NOW TURN THE TYPING SKILLS OVER TO BARB WHO CAN DO CASE SENSITIVE!!! WE MISS YA'S

Arrived Bz. Feb 6th approx. 12:30...weather was great about 85 degrees. Got through customs...took Lindsay to meet "jet", and away we went for Placencia at 2:30. Got to Placencia and thought we were in the wrong place! The new airport facilities were wonderful! Grabbed a taxi with Cornell and headed for Ranguana Lodge. Had so much fun watching Lindsay wheel her entirely oversized bag, down the small walk to our room. Joy, at Ranguana had done her job and stocked our fridge with beers and pops! Layed in the sun for a couple of hours...then off to see our friends at Jungle Juice. {OOps} before going to J.J. Duane had the opportunity to "fix" one of the local childrens bikes! Just a broken chain,,,,,but then they wanted us to buy them ice cream! When we got back from J.J. Duane opened the door to our cabana, and sliced the top and side of his toe wide open! Should have required stitches...but thank God for our Med. kit that we bring every year and have never had to use. Blood everywhere!!!! The rest of our time in Placencia was spent in the sun and enjoying new and old friends. Had great food at the Galley, Cozy Corners, Pickled Parrot and Jungle Juice! Tried to do some snorkeling but the weather just wasnt co-operating our last few days. Just sunny and HOT with a beautiful breeze...Just the way we like it! Feb. 13th on to San Pedro......Arrived to more great weather....staying at Rubies on the 3rd floor. Can't say enough about seeing old friends and meeting new! Spent a fare amount of time with the folks at Mangos/ can't wait to see ya again Jamie!/ Got to see Jim at Pier Lounge, Ernie at B.C.'s, Skinny twice...CAT 7 once and all our other acquaintances! Had Great meals in SP....! The Patio on our last night was very good and alot of fun. Also went to Blue Water Grill....wonderful! and Lily's...the last night of Lobster season. Lindsay loves the "smoothies" at Mangos, and Jamie decided her birthday should come about 6 months early and gave her one with some leftover rum that he had mixed from a previous drink. She slept well. We love your country...hope you enjoy our report so far.....by the way...Duanes toe has healed! Barb and Duane!

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
#149038 02/21/03 11:09 PM
So that's the toe story? eek Glad it's healed, but dang, that had to smart. Sounds like you all had a very enjoyable time, except for this toe business. Thanks for taking the time to share this info, Barb and Duane smile

#149039 02/23/03 01:44 AM
Duane,
Sorry if I was a little short with you but I had 30 minutes to fix the stupid Jukebox and get back up the coast.
The guy who wanted to bring a bulldozer and fix us all up didn't help.You know who I mean.
Thanks again for the the flag, etc.
It's flying at the new Palapa Bar.Keep in touch.
Jim

Jim
#149040 02/23/03 08:37 AM
Jim, where's this "new" bar of yours?

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
#149041 02/23/03 10:09 AM
Axe-it's the Palapa Bar....ya know..Palapa Sundays.?? Only now they put it back out on the end of dock. It's got to be really windy out there!! Ya'll keep a Sunday open and we'll go....after eating at BC's, of course!! C

#149042 02/23/03 03:40 PM
OP Offline
Jim- So nice of you to respond!!! I run a business also and appreciate the fact you've only got so many hours.Yes I know about the dozer guy!!!! Duane

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
#149043 02/23/03 06:00 PM
T
T
Yes, we LOVED the smoothies at Mangos too. And James (Jamie?) the owner is super nice, mellow and a musician too....cool! Did you make it The Reef or Papi's, both "down home" cooking type restaurants? laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.