Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
We visited San Pedro for the second time this year from June 1st to the 10th and had a ball once again, slightly better than our last trip at the new year because we knew the area a bit better.

Our outward flights should have seen us arrive 18 hours after leaving the UK. However when the first of your four flights does not fly and you stand around in an airport lounge for 5 hours mad mad before being told to stand in a line for alternative flights. This line took us 4 hours mad mad and we were re routed after another 3 hours wait via London to New York for an overnight stop arriving in New York 24 hours after arriving at Manchester airport ( you can fly to New York from Manchester in 8 hours )
When we got to New York the alleged hotel details were not waiting for us and we had to find our own hotel.
Luckily after 5 hours sleep we were able to catch a Continetal direct flight from New York to Belize (they fly on Saturdays only)

The guilty airline was KLM from Holland and we are awaiting there response to our disasters. If it takes as long as their planes then we are in for a "long haul"- so to speak

Well when we got to San Pedro and saw those lovely people at the Corona del mar laugh laugh and had drunk a couple of Woodies rum punches wink wink we were on San Pedro time so nothing mattered any more.

We had arranged the trip to suprise Martine the wife of Pineaplle Willy who we had met in January as it was her birthday during our trip, and Marilyn and Martine had become good buddies and more.

Marilyn was able to sneek up behind Martine on Front St later that evening as she went for a coffee for the band - Martine was totally knocked out and the party went on for days.

Marilyn sang with the band and on the Wednesday we did the chicken drop and Martine won, we also went to the Riverside for the Kareoke night it was full of the locals and we had a ball there also.

A note on dining we visited El Divino at Banana Beach and is definitely the tops for food the Brazilian meat dish is superb value and we would recommend it to you all. Our favourite in town is Cocina Carumba how they can do you a starter a free drink and a whole fish for 30 belize is beyond us and the service is excellent. Jambel Jerk is another of our favourites, great fish and spicy dishes.

Ventured across the cut this visit and eat at Sweet Basil again superb food an lovely people. had a drink at the Palapaya bar - great setting drinking out at sea.

Visited the mainland to do Cave tubing that is a great experience

We cant wait for our next visit - we are hooked

Steve and Marilyn

L
L
Sounds like a great time once you finally arrived! I would definitely suggest following up with the airline for some compensation. In May, when I flew to Jamaica, we were stuck at Miami Airport (a horrible place to be stuck, if you ask me!) for a few hours due to mechanical problems with American Airlines. Everybody complained, including myself. When I arrived home, they had added 10k mileage to my account for the inconvenience. Now, I have enough for "free" flight to Central American or Caribbean. Never hurts to ask!

S
S
The worst flying experience I ever had was also with KLM. I will never fly with them again. What a racket!

I totally agree with you about Cocina Carumba. What a great place! Had the best meals there. Also Jambel's and the Palapa Bar. Glad you had a good trip, despite the evil KLM.

K
K
What dates were you there in January? We were with Martine and Karl on New Years Eve, and spent many nights and bbq's having a great time. The only part of your story that is hard to believe is the coffee part. I've never seen one of the band members drink coffee while they were playing.
Are you sure it wasn't a Belekin? Glad you had a great time.

S
OP Offline
S
Honest it was a coffe for Dan it was at the start of the night he soon went onto the beer though wink wink

Just had a communication from KLM they have offered us a £200 voucher for a flight with them.

Why would we want to fly with them again we ask ??

They also offered top pay for our hotel in New York !!!!! but say that although we had paid in advance for our hotel and lost a night of our holiday they will not refund the first night(unused) money

Never having had to try and get compensation from an airline what would be a reasonable sum for all the problems we had - can anyone help ???? confused confused confused

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.