Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#242 02/09/06 11:41 AM
T
Tarbaby Offline OP
OP Offline
T
First off, I didn't take many pictures but my friends did; below is a link to a few and I'll post more later when I get them. Second, thanks for a lot of great info on this board. Lastly, longwinded report.....

Sunday - Ahhh, we're here. House is great, Simon has had our provisions delivered, Moncho's has delivered our carts and Sailsports Belize has delivered our Kayaks! Kicked the evening off with a great meal at Wet Willie's - Conch and Lobster stir fry dish, yummy. We were surprised by the size of San Pedro; we expected a smaller town for some reason. What a great place though.

Monday - A great morning fishing with Poncho and Jorge (set up by Steve @ Coconut Internet Café). They picked us up at our dock right on time. Caught 60+ snapper and plenty of cudas. Nothing like a captain who can cook your catch - great private beach and wonderful food. They weren't prepared for snorkeling but that was fine with us - we gave them the rest of the fish for their dinner and it was time for showers and off to town. Dinner at Elvis was delicious - great waiter and service.

Tuesday - Part of our party went to Lamani with Carlos, part spent the day "recovering" -fishing from the dock (my husband caught a nice cuda) and exploring town. Shopped for fresh fruit and a few other provisions for the house. Found my favorite eating place - Waruguma. Wonderful lobster burritos and ceveche - coolest lady cooking it all up to order in a tiny little kitchen. We carried out and enjoyed the burritos on our private dock. Later we all attended that little concert, which was outstanding.

Wednesday - The girls spent time exploring in town (I went every time someone wanted to go - I loved the cart ride, bumpy as it was, seeing the children running around town - out of school for their lunch break - shopping in the little food markets, having refreshments served by Ryan at Cannibles and talking to the vendors). The guys went out with Capt Pete. They fished for and caught Tuna, then went out about 30 miles and caught 2 Wahoo. We shared our catch with Pete and whipped up a killer dinner.

Thursday - Lounged around the dock, kayaked, fished until 1 or so when Carlos picked us up for snorkeling. What a blast (my first time). Carlos was a great guide - what a nice guy. We'll definitely call him for tours again next time. Attended another one of those concerts - I was in heaven.

Friday - The guys took off further South to scout for places where they could put the yaks in to fish. Found a little bar at the end of the island about 8:30 am - homemade punch. Ran into someone they know from home - small world. The girls worked on our tans, shopped in town and we all enjoyed another meal of Wahoo for dinner.

Saturday - Last day - how Island time flies. The guys figured out how to load the kayaks on the golf cart and explored fishing at the South end. Not much luck there but we saw bones tailing all around the dock while they were gone....They weren't to be outdone though and hooked into several later in the day while we mixed up various rum concoctions. We brought food home from Waruguma for dinner, gave the last of our Wahoo to Carlos. Went to town for the last of the shows.

Sun - (sniff, sniff) Left one of the prettiest places I've seen........

http://community.webshots.com/user/Tarbaby133

#243 02/09/06 12:04 PM
Great trip report Tarbaby! Also, pics are great. The one of the kidos is sooooo cute! Stole a few, hope you don't mind. smile

Glad you "lived the dream".

BTW, I believe "Spotts" may be looking for you... or perhaps someone else with the same name.

#244 02/09/06 12:42 PM
T
Tarbaby Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I would choose the same name as an illusive person with a yellow boat....

#245 02/09/06 12:56 PM
smile Yes, I thought of him the first time I saw your posting name. smile Caused a moment of confusion but that quickly passed.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#246 02/09/06 01:11 PM
very good pics there tarbaby! the sunset is terrific! eek

#247 02/09/06 01:16 PM
Tarbaby nice post and glad you liked my fishing recommendation...nice wahoo and tuna good eats... sanpedro is a fun /party place when you arive wirth the living the dream feeling.it only gets better.happy you got to relax and enjoy..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#248 02/09/06 01:54 PM
T
Tarbaby Offline OP
OP Offline
T
My travel companions couldn't believe how organized everything was - the taxi showing up on time, cool house, the food being there for breakfast/lunch, libations and mixers, snacks; golf carts gased up, kayaks ready, fishing lined up. Ya'll made me look good! Of course now they're going to want me to do that again... maybe Costa Rica next time...doubt they have as helpful/knowledgable board.

Glad you liked the pics. Can't wait to see the several hundred taken by the others, and I'll share!

#249 02/09/06 02:03 PM
fab sunset pic - its now my desktop photo! smile

#250 02/09/06 02:39 PM
Ditto on the sunset pic - Marty should use if for the picture of the day laugh

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#251 02/09/06 02:49 PM
T
Tarbaby Offline OP
OP Offline
T
He did today! I'm real honored.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.