Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#239255 05/30/07 10:43 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Somewhere on one of the Belize boards I read about someone telling about some "pink" bubble gum smelling stuff that helped keep bugs off. So in preperation for our upcomming trip I went to the local feed store. My local guy said that a dime size dab of "Swat Original" , the pink stuff, on your shirt and maybe ankles will repell most fleas and flys. It comes in a 6oz tub.

Worth a try. I'll report back on how it works.

Nancy, another tip for keeping bugs away from you is taking a vitamin B tablet daily.

N
OP Offline
N
Ahhhhhh Ok. I'll start doing that. One more won't make a difference along with the other 32! LOL

N
OP Offline
N
One more I have heard that helps is garlic caps.

it all helps Nancy (-:

Hello All.
My wife and myself will be coming to Belize in June or July to check things out.
While in the North West Territories in Tuktoyaktut , i found by using only pure unsented hand soap's /shampoo's / underarm stuff and washing in unsented liquid soaps was the trick of keeping most of the bugs away from me. They seemed to like the other people who had used sented stuff much more than me.

Just my two cent's.
VT.

a lethal combination of smart dairyair and dumb dairyair .
Keep me posted about how that pink stuff works out.

I've tried the Vitamin B many, many times. I don't know if it works but if it does, I'd hate to think what condition I'd have been in had I not taken it.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

K
K
I've used Swat on horses for years to keep flies from aggravating or laying eggs in wounds. Impressive stuff but just try getting it off you or anything it comes in contact with... messy, gooey stuff. Also may be more pesticides than you really want around your body.

Last edited by katyana; 08/03/07 12:01 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 186 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.