I am a trained and certified bodyworker/Shiatsu Therapist in Minneapolis, MN... and five of us (myself and husband/friends I was traveling with) found/went to Tropical Touch's Xaman Ek Spa for massage during our stay on Ambergris... and it was wonderful! So wonderful that two of us went back for another massage before our 8 day vacation was over. The environment is beautiful and completely serene. The thatched roof villa/building had a beautiful simplicity which was perfect for the location and tropical experience. Part of the space is divided with white drapes/walls of fabric, which not only looked lovely, but allowed for the ocean breeze to come through the windows and flow through the rooms, providing another gift to our senses. The bodywork was well executed and perfectly relaxing for the mind and muscles, and energizing for our skin. There is a shower provided for you to remove any sand before your session, if needed, which is just one example of detail/amenity making this such a great experience. Vicki, who runs the place, is a delightful treasure... the kind of person who you gives you the sense you've known her your whole life... and I believe she takes a lot of pride on training her staff so that every visit is consistently fantastic. See you next year, Vicki, we will definitely be back!

Last edited by Joe & Kerry; 03/08/08 12:42 PM.