Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
HUFFINGTON POST

#5 BELIZE

This Central American up-and-comer - about the size of Massachusetts - is packed with potential. The tiny English-speaking country fronts the Caribbean Sea and offers sunny, warm weather all winter long and loads of adventuresome travel opportunities. Case in point: The longest continuous barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere borders the coast of Belize, making the waters here outstanding for snorkeling and diving. Offshore atolls and sandy reef shelves are home to baby sharks, massive stingrays, skinny eels, and lots of colorful marine life. Inland, the Maya Mountains are swathed in thick rain forests with thousands of streams and rivers cascading down - ideal for jungle treks and nature tours. Also not far offshore are dozens of islands, called cayes, which make for great day trips or secluded stays; Ambergris Caye and Isla Bonita are among the most developed, boasting chic restaurants and resorts, while Caye Caulker remains more laid-back and remote.

Belize Tourism Board/Tony Rath of Tony Rath Photography

Wow, Ambergris Caye AND Isla Bonita . . . how is it that I've not made it to Isla Bonita after all this time? he he

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Originally Posted by seashell
Wow, Ambergris Caye AND Isla Bonita . . . how is it that I've not made it to Isla Bonita after all this time? he he

You just don't know what you're missing. I think they only speak Spanish on Isla Bonita though. You better bone up on it.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Isla Bonita must be north of the bridge, I think they speak a diiferent language. smirk

I've already told you more than I know.
Yes Bob, We speak a special language north of the bridge.

It's called Peace and Quiet smile Shhhhhh !

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.