Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hi:

I am Wendy Auxillou, owner of Caye Caulker Travel and Tours (check out my website at www.cayecaulker.org/traveltour).

I am pleased to announce the opening of my new three bedroom (only), 2 bath guest house, Chateau Giselle on Front Street (across from Central Park).

This location used to be the former Tina's Hostel, but has since been significantly upgraded into a nice, but cozy and small guest house. Rooms are $50 U.S. per night. Rooms will have queen-sized beds with double pillow mattresses, ceiling fans, mosquito nets. Since this used to be a residence, there is a full kitchen, full living room, cable tv available to guests for their use. Bathrooms are equipped with hot/cold water.

This is tastefully done and sure to please the middle budget folks.

If you are a group of five or six that are traveling together, then you might want to book out the entire house ($150 U.S. per night), and have your group all together under one roof as if you were at home.

E-mail me at [email protected] for more information.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers,
Wendy A.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Could you fill in a bit more about Giselle?

Is there maid service?

How are the bathrooms assigned or are they both shared?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Well Hello "Going Down":

One bedroom (the original master bedroom) has its own bathroom, and the other two rooms share a bathroom.

Daily maid service is included, as well as linen and towel changes every two days.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Wendy

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Has Chateeau Giselle replaced Tina's Hostel? I hope not. I stayed at Tina's for two weeks in December and met many wonderful people from all over the world. It was a great experience. It would be a shame to see the Hostel go.

R
R
The Caye Caulker womens canoe team -The Fly Weights would like to thank Wendy and Chateau Giselle for her monetory contribution to our La Ruta Maya Canoe racing team.

ps,joku- Tina's is still here but down towards the Split. Chateau Giselle is across from the basketball court.

M
M
Chateau Giselle was the original location of Tina's Hostel, prior to Hurricane Keith in 2000.

The place got badly damaged in the hurricane, collapsed roof etc... and had to be partially reconstructed.

Tina's Hostel found a new location, before the renovations were completed. The new location turned out to be on the BEACH and near the SPLIT.

I'm sure there are many guests of the original Tina's Hostel who will remember the place.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hostel. "Hostelling" is an experience in itself.

It is a rare and special people that can appreciate the experience and mixture of cultures all under one roof.

Fellow Hostelier:-)

Turkey, Prag, Budapest, Munich, Poland, Austria, Greece, Italy, Amsterdam, London, Paris...

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
How can I reach these people again?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Re: Chateau Giselle - Can be viewed on the "Paradise" page of the website: www.staycayecaulker.com

It is the eleveate White Wooden House with two balconies featured at the bottom of this page.

"The white house is probably my favorite on the whole island. I actually have a picture of that exact house in my scrap book and I vowed to myself that one day I would own it.

Is there ANY possibility of that house becoming available for the week prior to the 14 into the 23?

And here I thought that I was the only one who loved Caye Caulker so much...I guess it's a more desirable spot than I thought.

Hopefully though we can keep it a secret for a little longer so that the peace and quiet is somewhat restored."

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Sounds like the locals are moving on up. Way to go! Congratulations, Wendy.

E
E
Hi Wendy
Is your new guesthouse available for 4-5 days from 8th or 9th March for a party of four from The UK? We are trying very hard to find two rooms or a house on Caye Caulker for this weeek in March but everywhere seems to be very busy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day