Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#216682 09/25/02 10:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hey! how'd that gal do in the extreme canoe race over the weekend?

what are the parameters of the race?

i'm sending lobster fest 2002 round da caye pics in a package this weekend, be on the lookout, allie! there will be lots for the racers to keep and for you. none are award winning but they are documentation. pics for wendy, dante, paula & xena to pass around. i'll confirm when the mission is accomplished.

safety barge rules!

R
R
Hi Gogo, I can't wait to see all the pics!
Miss Fransecsa Cruz and her crew came in 5th place out of 7 teams. And they even had to finish the race with only two paddlers, Fransecsca of course and the sternsman. After 21-22 hours on the water, she came in smiling ear to ear. Happy, proud and tearful... me that is, I congratulated her on behalf of female paddlers in Belize. Her family is very supportive of paddling and actually her cousins and brothers paddle on premier teams. I am told that she is bringing her folks and her cousin and brother with her to Caye Caulker, Thankfully because Wendy has offered Chateau Giselle the whole family may visit us here!

The up part of it all, is that when i go to Esperanza, Cayo District, I have the invite to paddle with these young women, ah a chance to learn something new on the water, believe it or not, this paddler hasn't been in the nice racing canoes built here in Belize and that is about to change!!!
I am a happy paddler!
Allie

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Take some shots Allie, and bring a tape measure. Could be we build one or two for your teams.

R
R
Could you? Would You?
The racers are 20 feet long, there are pics in the Reporter this week or if you go to www.bighjuices.com there are photos. I can get you specs if yu are searous about this.With race canoes here we could train a youth team to compete and a pro team too. Thanks
Allie

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 317 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day