Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
HI!

I'm getting married on Caye Caulker on March 27th (hooray!). We still have a couple arrangements we need to make, and I thought this would be the perfect place for recommendations smile

First, we need a location for a Meet & Greet on Sunday, the 23rd. There will be about 40 people, and we want a cheerful, roomy place with a way to group us together. We want to pay for big appetizer platters and non-alcohic beverages for the group, but don't want to spend more than $300 or so. However, everyone will be ordering drinks & entrees on their own, so the restaurants would make a lot more money.

Our wedding planner has been talking with Rainbow, but their quote is pretty high.

Second: We need a spot for the rehearsal dinner. Somewhere a little less casual, sit-down, moderately priced, that could accommodate around 18 people on the night of the 26th. We're willing to spend about $15 a head.

I'll be on Cayer Caulker on the 14th, so I can meet anyone or check out any potential locations. I hope this is far enough notice to make such large reservations.

THANKS!
--Kirsten

gocentralamerica.about.com
S
S
Barrier Reef Sports Bar can handle that many people. Not quite as formal of a setting as Rainbow though. I like both places and both owners/staff.

OP Offline
P.S. I'll also be writing about my experiences for several international publications = great publicity

gocentralamerica.about.com
S
S
You can email the Sports Bar at [email protected] and ask them what they can do for you. Tell Lloyd and Otis that Kathi and Mike recommended them. They also have a webpage at www.belizesportsbar.com that has more info and a menu.

Has anyone mentioned Don Corleone's for the rehearsal dinner? My husband and I ate there in February and liked it alot. Reasonable prices, good food, excellent service, think it would be a nice venue for a rehearsal dinner. cool cool

C
C
I do a lot of wedding photography here on Caye Caulker, http://www.flickr.com/photos/caribbeancolors/sets/866645
so I attend reception after reception after reception.

The most widely used facilities are Habaneros and Rainbow. For catering, the most widely used caterer is Barrier Reef Sports Bar.

If you are looking for an inexpensive but nice place for the rehersal dinner, take a look at Syd's on middle street, behind their main dining room they have a garden which is very nice, clean, new tables and chairs. Depending on how many people will be attending the rehearsal dinner, also, the SandBox has a big long table in front of it that can probably seat 15-20 people.

If the above link to my photography website looks like a shameless plug, believe me, it is.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day