Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#276525 04/12/08 08:57 PM
OP Offline
I have recently written a novel and I chose to have it take place mostly on Caye Caulker. The story also has events on Ambergris Caye, Long Caye, Orange Walk and throughout Belize. The book's website is www.chameleonwar.com

Good luck with your new novel. I'm going to order it from Amazon.

--Lan Sluder

C
C
Sounds very interesting, I'm ordering it also!
--Lee

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Sounds totally true to life for here. I think I know Hagen! I'll have to buy it as well. Maybe you could persuade one of the bookshops in SP to get a few in.

Just ordered from Amazon, can't wait to read it. Too damn bad I won't be in San Pedro drinking Belikins while I read it!!!

Excellent idea Pedro2!!! Background in marketing??? cool cool

J DOG

P
P
Make sure they have copies at Barefoot Books in San Pedro

OP Offline
Don't forget to become part of the Chameleon War community by visiting my blog often. Learn about my perspectives of expat life and share your comments with each other. Learn why I chose Caye Caulker as the setting and discuss how it its fictional representation is different from real life. The link is on my website: www.chameleonwar.com

OP Offline
I just posted the Buddhist perspective of Chameleon War on my blog at www.chameleonwar.blogspot.com

Andrew:
I think I understand what you are saying - but maybe not. I spent the last few days reading John Steinbeck's "East of Eden." I could only read so many chapters and would have to walk away and do something else in order to digest what I had read.
I think people who saw the movie think it was about the character played by James Dean. To me it is about two characters; Samuel Hamilton and Mr. Lee.
I'm not Buddhist - or any other organized religion - but do enjoy the questioning of our minds and motives that a challenging author can construct if our mind is open to new concepts.
You are so right - Belize - especially San Pedro - is a different world to tourists than to those who move and stay more than a little while and is very different to those gringos who stay a long time from the people who consider themselves locals and have been here for less than a generation. (But don't mention that to any one of them!)
Why don't you bring a case of your books and come on down? We could have an interesting study group. LOL

BTW - your post is showing up in two different threads and it gets confusing.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
C
C
My copy came today from Amazon! I am looking forward to reading it while on vacation!

Live Laugh Love
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day