Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#282321 06/01/08 06:47 PM
J
jalex Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Can anyone who lives on the Island say how C C fared during Tropical Storm Arthur? Is everything all good? I certainly hope so. We were there end of April and I don't think that poor little Island can stand much of Mother Nature's wrath.

jalex #282322 06/01/08 06:54 PM
Bah! It was just a little rain and a little wind! My backyard got knocked around a bit, but everything is still standing!

Damn it's wet though...

Scott Kick #282490 06/03/08 06:59 AM
J
jalex Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks for update. Glad all is well. Just saw pictures posted by Tina - just swamped boats and the pesky seaweed on the beach. I've lived through way too many hurricanes on the Gulf Coast in Alabama to know how devastating they can be. smile

jalex #282492 06/03/08 07:08 AM
jalex

We survived okay. We noticed a lot of beach erosion yesterday as we walked around. Way too many lobster traps were up on the beach, broken or totally destroyed. Our yard is draining a bit this morning, but we still have to use water wings for the lake that used to be the road. Other than that, we survived. The island is more resilient than you might think.

Sharyn

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped
http://belizeanbeachbums.blogspot.com/
Good news. Stay safe.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
azbob #282530 06/03/08 10:12 AM
C
C
We were out at 6 am yesterday with other locals trying to save there boats..ours went under , so we helped other people drag there boats to shore, they helped us..They all said they had never experienced anything like the unexpected rain that fell. 14 boats went under.We were lucky to get our motor up and out to to Ricco first, he also said he had never seen anything like it,hes a pretty old guy..guess it was the unexpectivness of it, cause I am sure he has been through a hurricane..The weather channel said Arthur was all over, storm was gone, the night before we went to bed. Our motor works well again, hopefully the other boat owners got theirs back in running order.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Cooper #282605 06/03/08 03:21 PM
G
G
I have been getting mixed information as far as arthur damage on cc. it seems lots of rain and a few boat losses along with some seaweed and the like due to the winds...We are planning to come to cc on saturday! is it truly a mess and maybe we should postpone our vaycay giving every one and everything a second to get their things in order? the comment about the "lake that was once the road" has lead me to this question... thanks so much...

C
C
Its not truly a mess..the place cleans up pretty fast..still alot of standing water..and though its been a good 6 months without any mosquitoes here, this could set them off so bring bug lotion. Caye Caulker tends to go through messy periods and clean periods, depends on when folks decide to clean...after a storm there is always an effort made.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Cooper #282839 06/04/08 09:55 PM
N
N
It's fine, come on down!! People always clear up the beaches straight away, the water drains really quickly as the island is sand and it's hot. Caye Caulker is as beautiful as always. Front Street and Middle Street are now completely free of any, even tiny, puddles. I've had no need to travel Back Street yet. Individual properties may have some mess left, and some water, but that's it. The storm really wasn't that bad for us here on CC, but it did last a long time, and with three days of regular rain before we got the full force, Because of that we got ALOT of rain, more than for most hurricanes, but there was no tidal surge. We were lucky, we had very little damage. Save your concern for the south where they had major problems, things here are fine.

Nadine #282854 06/05/08 12:09 AM
Glad to hear things are relatively well. Stay safe!

mikeywaz
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day