Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
My daughter has decide to marry on Caye Caulker in January. Does anyone know a minister who could perform the ceremony?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
There is a priest that comes on Sundays that may be able to perform a wedding. However, they would need advance notice of several weeks.

Most visitors that choose to get married here get a marriage license (which requires you to be here three days prior to getting the license), get married at the courthouse in Belize City, then boat over back to the island to celebrate.

For security measure, I would suggest you add a couple more days to the three day requirement just to be certain everything is prepared in time.

Does the wedding party have their accommodations squared away yet? If not, perhaps I can help. I can also help with your wedding planning if you are interested.

Cheers,
Wendy ([email protected])

R
R
Right on Wendy, and if her heart really is set on Caye Caulker,Mr. Margarito Ku is ordained to perform weddings, he lives her but works mostly on San Pedro. Some folks arrange for a pastor from Belize City to come over. You can get married on the beach, on a boat moored at the reef or in the church. Lots of options...
Allie

T
OP Offline
T
Thank you both....how do I find Mr. Ku?

C
C
Here's a post I made on the Belizeforums board after Kristi and I got married on Caye Caulker... hope it helps...

Chris&Kristi
Member # 1364

Rate Member posted 12-27-2000 03:36 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow!! We got married on Caye Caulker too!... and in November also...(the 12th).
You need to get your license in Belize City after you've been in Belize for 3 days. (not at the Registry-where locals get their's, but across the swing bridge past Brodie's- I forget the name of the building.)

We arrived on Saturday, kicked around Caulker for a few days, then on Tuesday went into Belize City to get the license. After we went to the registry, (wrong place) and waited in line there for about an hour and a half, we figured out where we needed to go. We walked there, applied and we were told that we needed to pick it up the next day. Oy! another day off Caye Caulker... oh well, we survived and had a bit of walking around in Belize City the next day. (we usually just race thru Belize City, but I seem to spend more time meandering around when ever I'm there... there really are some pretty places and buildings.)

After we had license in hand, we then decided to look for someone to marry us. We talked with a good friend and he suggested and introduced us to someone from one of the churches. (i don't think the Catholic church there will marry non-Catholics.) It was actually Sunday (our departure day)that we were married. We had Pastor Daniel Grant flown in from Belize City Sunday morning. It was a small affair on Tom's dock. (Thanks Tom!) We made it a simple yet most memorable event! By having a local minister perform the ceremony, the church takes care of maintaining/registering or whatever. We did not have to file any paperwork.

Thanks to everyone who made it possible, our Pastor, Tom, Sadie, Tina and especially my good friend (and Best Man), Juni... I haven't forgotten about getting you pictures, they'll be coming soon... (someone let Juni know, please.)

With a little effort you can make your marraige (ceremony, etc.) something that you will always remember. Ours was the simplest affair, but one that will last forever in our memories because it happened in our favorite place in the world!

Good luck and feel free to e-mail me directly if you have any questions.

Chris (& Kristi, too!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 12 | From: Tennessee, USA | Registered: Nov 1999 | IP: Logged

The Church is the "Assembly of God" ... which Margarito is a member of... We were going to get Margarito to marry us, but his paperwork/certification or something wasn't completed before we left... very nice man.. he'll be a wonderful person to preside over your daughter's wedding!

Feel free to e-mail me directly if I can help anymore... (But I won't be able to respond next week as kristi and I are vacationing... in Caye Caulker!!!!!)

Chris (and Kristi... and in about a month, our little Haley!)

[email protected]

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 246 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day