Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#280833 05/19/08 06:51 PM
S
sdiver Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well, here we go...it's been awhile since I've been on the board and sadly almost 3 years since I was last in CC...how I miss my few but wonderful friends, the great diving and your beautiful island!

Here's what I'm wondering...what does anyone know about Crystal Skulls (legend and /or reality) and have your heard of anyone who's been around there diving in search of more? One man has acquired a skull which was allegedly discovered somewhere in Belize /South-Central America and passed on to him upon the woman's death. He is convinced there may be one or more underwater . His name is Bill Homann and he lives in Indiana which is where I live. The times I've been in Belize and on CC I've never heard of Crystal skulls or a search for them - there may be 13. (I've started doing a little research since a show on Scifi) Just wondered if any of you who live there and/or are native to Belize know much about them.

Tues. 5/20 As I continue to fall deeper into the mystery of this factual and fictional legend, I've found many websites.Two I like are: www.skepdic.com/crystalskull and www.world-mysteries.com. Thanks to all of you who are indulging me in my new growing obcession!!! I am still hoping to hear from someone down there who might have some generational family stories or opinions...I wrote Mr. Homann today...didn't even need the Belikins :-)...I'll let you know!!!

I'll be keeping you in my heart and prayers during hurricane season and hope to return before the end of the year.

Last edited by sdiver; 05/20/08 04:14 PM. Reason: more info
sdiver #280835 05/19/08 07:06 PM
S
S

Last edited by Jesse; 05/19/08 07:12 PM.
SP Daily #280839 05/19/08 08:27 PM
I just read the Crystal Skull by Manda Scott - interesting theory and exciting plot.

Of course we have heard of the skull that was found in Belize. I believe it should come back home now - before December 2012.

E
E
I love a mystery !

The good thing about the upcoming Harrison Ford movie (other than it apparently being a rip-roaring adventure, of course) is that it may attract a few more tourists to Toledo, which badly needs them. (The Indiana Jones movie isn't set in Belize, but the subject matter may lead some people to make a connection.)

As Jesse's Wikipedia reference makes clear, all the skulls examined so far have been shown to be made with modern tools not available in the pre-Columbian period. There was a 19th century art dealer who peddled a bunch of these skulls. The Mitchell-Hedges skull supposedly found at Lubaantun, and now since Anna M-H's death last year being kept by another private owner in Chicago, is widely considered by scientists as a 19th century fake.

These skulls make a good story, though.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
sdiver Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Amanda! That was a pretty interesting and inclusive acricle...thanks!! It matches most of the info I've read in various places on line!

SP Daily #280876 05/20/08 08:49 AM
S
sdiver Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Jesse!

S
sdiver Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Lan...thanks for the reply. I am actually beginning to believe the Mitchell-Hedges skull is the best possibility for "authenticity". No matter who found it or when I think I agree with most of the reports that say it was found in Belize - Lubaantum. It's that particular skull that resides an hour and a half from where I live in IN. If I had 2 or 3 Belikins, I might have the courage to write the guy and see if I could see it !!! :-)

Also, all I've read says the M-H skull shows no indications of any kind of modern cutting methods. Info on www.skepdic.com/crystalskull is pretty cool :-0

Last edited by sdiver; 05/20/08 04:03 PM. Reason: new info
S
sdiver Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi again...tonight (in the US)SciFi is running the crystal skull show again...I missed it the first time...and I'm getting the book :-) Thanks! I love mysteries and this has become my new pet!!

By the way, are you the "rental" Amanda on CC?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day