Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi, it's me again, I'm still interested in contacting someone from the elementary school to talk about some items we may be able to bring for the little kids. If anyone could ask a teacher to contact me with info I'd be grateful. Be there soon, counting down the days.

C
C
They can use anything Nanadear. A friend once brought barbie dolls and baseballs. I helped hand them out. Riding around town on a bicycling handing something new to a 4 yr old is pure joy to see the look on their face.

P
paw Offline
P
Hi , we did respond earlier to your first posting with our email address. Got the list from the principal of the most needed stuff but wanted to know if you can email us directly instead of writing the long list here . Write to us at [email protected] thanks

OP Offline
thanks paw but I've sent 2 emails, don't know what's the problem. Does the principal or a teacher have an email I could use to reach them?

B
B
approx how many students are there? Mike and I are coming to CC in two weeks time. We can't wait. One of the things on our to do list is to bring some supplies for the school. I too could use a list. [email protected] We arrive on the 10th of February late afternoon/early evening.

T
T
My wife and I will be returning to CC on Feb 10. We would also like a list to help the school children. Can we get a list? Our e-mail is [email protected]

Last edited by Troy L; 01/29/11 08:45 PM.
M
M
Anyone traveling to CC should contact Ocean Academy as well. They need volunteers to bring donated items with them to CC. I will be bringing some text books next month.

http://www.cayecaulkerschool.com/

Definitely distribute items to the school director or to teachers, NOT directly to the kids -- this can create a false expectation that every tourist will be handing out stuff, and can undermine the school admin. And I'll second the plea to help Ocean Academy, great cause.

Also, if you are headed to Cayo, this is from a Peace Corps Volunteer working there:

the classroom that i volunteer with lacks many school supplies: children's books, paper, etc. moreover, we are in need of learning material for kids with special needs.
we use material that is designed for kids in standard 1 or 2 (kindergarten or 1st grade), which is delaying the children's growth. for instance, some of our students are not being challenged by the material, whereas others cannot keep up. the kids' needs vary, and the current material is just not cutting it.
so donating school supplies and/or learning material for kids with special needs would be much appreciated.
the address is:
Santa Elena Primary, Special Education Class
Santa Elena, Cayo District
Belize, Central America

B
B
Rather than bringing supplies and finding room in our luggage, we will be making a cash donation. Who do we give this too??

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day