BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Reames Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hey Robertsgrave Thighbiter, I'm going to try and set up a Pirate Shoot (festival and photo contest) on Caye Caulker in Belize (British Honduras). that's Caulker as in beaching your pirate ship on it's side to do the caulking. It's Edward Teach (Blackbeard) country. The British army still trains in the jungles there. I want to set it up for just before the La Ruta Maya River Challenge. That's an international event with teams of three rowers per canoe competing. Will take some time to set things up... but I want to start spreading the word... Hope to make it an annual festival. It cost about $500 round trip to fly to Cancun from California then rent a car and drive to Belize... Of course there are direct flights to Belieze city and flights my be cheaper from Huston or Miami. If you are interested, I'll keep you informed as things progress.-Aaron Reames-
Hello Lazy Iguana, Shirley's Guest house,and Syd's ! Could you help me with this?! I would need a venue for the photo Pirate Costume contest. we could have catagories like "sexiest female Pirate, Meanest looking Pirate, or drunkest Looking Pirate." What is the name of the big bar with the high cieling in Caye Caulker? I think that would be a great place for the photo contest! Big screens to show photos would help. Croud could vote with applause or with a "Pirate captains Council." Would want to get approval from the tourist board for flint lock / black powder arms going off with a loud bang! This is a big part of any colonial / Pirate festival. No oposing Fire and no lead balls are the usual rules!I hope to bring more tourists to Belize. There are groups of people who put on Colonial and Pirate festivals in the United states and Great Briton. I would like to bring some of this "action" your way! People usually dress up as pirates or in colonial costumes. do you have any connections at the Belieze Tourist Board? If you do, please put in a good word for me. I will be trying to get the word out to various clubs and magazines if all goes well! thanks again! sincerely yours, Aaron A. Reames. Look for me on Facebook!

sounds like a good ideal to me....good luck

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day