Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
Edd Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Is there still a need for pediatric supplies? I'm meeting tomorrow with an executive for a pediatric supplier. Does AC still need pediolite, baby formula, etc? If so, any other baby related requests?

I am sure both islands could use those types of items.

Would be greatly appreciated.

E
Edd Offline OP
OP Offline
E
meeting tomorrow morning. Any specific requests?

You might want to consider some pediatric liquid Tylenol or Motrin. These can always be used and is usually prescribed when fever is involved.....which is most of the time.

I don't know if anyone could get a hold of one....but one of those thermal ear thermometers with the tip covers too would be absolutely great. This would also help with infection control.

Right now all they have are glass thermometers and they are sterilized and soaked in Alcohol. We are taking temps axillary (under the arm).

A pediatric resusitation bag with different sized masks would be great too.

If any one has the heart to part with a pulse oximeter...we would be forever grateful. There is a small one called Onyx..fits in the palm of your hand.
Just please make sure the batteries work [Linked Image]

Pediolyte is definately a winner!

Pediatric antibiotics.

All I can think of right now...my brain is sticking...LOL

Thanks so much!

K
K
I have, just now in my possession from work, a pediatriac ambu bag. I have brought some in times past, but they may be toast by now. am scavenging shamelessly at work for supplies for the clinic. am not proud or shy and will beg and grovel if needed. let me know what else is needed. I am trying to brow beat and shame the pharmacy people right how. Keep your fingers crossed... Kim

what a lifesaver tammy. i'm sitting here, no experience wondering what to ask for, and you come on with that gloriously detailed list.

oh man its nice to have you back.

K
K
she is great! this is the type of info i am looking for so I can tell people at work what we need for the clinic and first aid stuff. Hooray! Yeah, Marty, ya got some first class acts on the island. will stay intouch. let me know what else you need. will try to send this stuff with Sal Mazullo's next ship, probably next Wednesday or so. Will see what else I can scrounge up...

E
Edd Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Picked up about 50 factory sealed cases of Similac, Pedialyte, nipples, and assorted infant medecines this morning. Thank you, DeSoto, Texas pediatricians! If American has space on the flight, it will go tomorrow,along with about 1,000 dental hygene kits from the Dallas County Dental Society.

LOL...well...I knew one day....that 12 years of selfless giving would pay off. Never got any thanks then....which is typical...but works great now....LMAO

You guys crack me up....believe me, I need a laugh. [Linked Image]

I just thought of something else. Don't know if it will actually become necessary....
Some of those Playtex disposable nursers might be good to have on hand. A lot of moms give the older babies powdered milk with water added. You can use bottled water for that.....but steralizing the bottles themselves might be a problem for some folks. This way they wouldn't have to worry about it.

Just a thought....trying to look down the road a bit and cover all the angles.

E
Edd Offline OP
OP Offline
E
The plastic nursers won't be a problem, I can pick them up in the morning. You mentioned pediatriac antibiotics, would 20 cases of Biaxin Granules 250 mg/5 mL help,plus another 5 cases of 250 mg filmtabs? I don't really know what to ask for, but our local Doc's and
detail rep's have offered to help in any way needed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 238 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.