Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Hello. Does anyone have any information yet on the damage done to the cayes that took the brunt of the winds and wave action? I know the beaches tend to move around during big storms, for example. Have cayes ever disappeared after big hurricanes? Has the barrier reef suffered noticeable damage?

In particular, what damage has been done to Ranguana Caye? Were the cabanas blown into the sea? Do any trees remain? Any beach?

My wife and I have tickets to Belize in November for our honeymoon, and we had been planning to go to Ranguana Caye. We'll adjust our plans, but I was curious what sort of damage the islands may have sustained.

Thank you, and best of luck to all affected as you deal with the storm's aftermath.

Sincerely,
Rene'

B
B
I'm talking to another Caye manager tonight who was going to try to go see his today if he can get his boat refloating (it was 'resting' on the bottom of the lagoon). Problem is no fuel in the village. I'll let you know if and when I hear.

R
OP Offline
R
Thank you. I look forward to your information and wish you and your friends the best of luck in getting your businesses going again.

What sort of damage to the cayes did Keith and Mitch do? I'm curious whether hurricanes generally destroy sections of coral or drive away fish to other areas for lenghts of time, such as from the bonefish flats. Do they restructure beaches and submerge cayes?

Sincerely,
Rene'

each storm is different. keith was mostly wind, mitch (for san pedro) was mostly ocean swell. underwater fared worse with mitch. around san pedro.

C
C
Hurricanes usually bring more fish! The problem is they are hard to see because the water is churned up.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.