Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
BONZO Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Tim Jeffers just called and all med students and tourists are fine at both hotels. losts of damage all along the beach. He thinks there will be no electricity for maybe a month. Most trees and power lines are down.
With cell phone service restored there will be much info coming out now.
If any one is going to go to the island bring food and tarps and clothing. Many people lost everything on the back sid of the island.
I will be in contact with Tim again later today for more info

Thank god for no loss of life that we know of!!!!

K
K
Bonzo, Is it possible to get a listing of people at Banana Beach resortnext time you get a call? If so post it here. My sis and bil might be there. MARY & GINO MORRA.
Thanks!
KAren

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Bonzo, is it possible to get a list of the med student's names that are at the hotels?
Some of us don't know if our kids made it to the hotels. Last contact we had with our family, they were stuck in the Sandpiper in their apartment, 5 ft of water in the street, and 6 people they didn't know had climbed to their balcony trying to stay above the water. Of course, they let them come in, but there was already an inch of water inside the apartment from the rains coming through the A/C.

B
BONZO Offline OP
OP Offline
B
the cell phone service is very poor and making a list would be difficult, but everyone that is in Banana Beach will be making calls to their loved ones very soon.
Tim has a generator to keep the battery charged and I am sure as long as it last people will be sending out info.

L
L
Bonzo: Good to hear people are okay. We are staying next door to Banana Beach for Thanksgiving week (at Mata Rocks Resort). If you get any information from Tim on the neighboring property, would appreciate it.

B
BONZO Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I will try to get a report of Mata Rocks and as many others as possible when I talk to Tim this afternoon.

also casa tortuga if anyone gets down there... peggy is wondering how their roof is...

A
A
For Bonzo! Greg, David Branger here. Found this message board on the internet. Please tell me the roof is still on #17 at the BYC!!! Other units? How about the seawall? What about the Hideaway? respond to [email protected] or to this list.

Cowpoke
P
P
Hey Montana Crew:
Thanks for passing on what info you have. I presume that Miss Jacks is alive and well at Bananas..I got stuck in the states this time and I am convinced the waiting for word is much worse than being down there during Mitch last time. Am looking for word on my home at Royal Palms, Art/Kay, or whatever word you have from the south end. Mary was holed up with her mama and haven't heard anything.
My return ticket to San Pedro is for Thursday, but not sure if my house is needed for refugees that I need to go there.
When you talk to Tim next...please advise. Any info right now is precious.
Pamela

B
BONZO Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Tim told me that in general that if the structure had a wooden roof that there would be fairly serious damage. With the amoun of rain they had if the roof was still on there would still be enough leakage to cause considerable damage to the interior. Banyan Bay has considerable damage to the roofs and in turn water leaked inside and caused the sheet rock to collapse. One hotel that did not get hurt too bad was Mata Rocks due to being sheltered by Banana Beach

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.