Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I have not heard any amateur radio stations in San Pablo on the twenty meter emergency nets. There seems to be some very good stations in and around Belize City and across the mainland but none heard at Ambergris Caye.

Anyone know of a station? If yes, have the radio operator contact me here to arrange schedules please.

Also, for the last three days some very brief bulletins have been originated by a "Senator Bowman" who has a house at AC. Does anyone know this person or can verify he actually exists?

73 de K5SBU

Working hurricane keith comms with emergency nets
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Senator Barry Bowen does exist. He lives in San Pedro and owns Belican Beer amongst other things

The last time I was on AC I noticed a very large beam on a crank down tower, but I don't think they have elect.

Watch for "Driving Ms Maizy" - Sur La Plage Racing Company - Extra-ordinary Thoroughbreds
I believe you are referring to Senator Barry Bowen. Yes, he does have a house on AC and it is probably equipped with the necessary short wave transceiver. Let's hope his antenna is still in place.

73's,
**Jim

**Jim
Then I would say that this was his antenna because it was across the street from his warehouse.

Watch for "Driving Ms Maizy" - Sur La Plage Racing Company - Extra-ordinary Thoroughbreds
That would be the one Dana.

**Jim

**Jim
C
OP Offline
C
Ok great news... sounds like Senator Barry Bowden has a HF amateur radio station there or maybe others according to everyone who responded who saw beam antennas. I suppose there was no emergency electric power there.

Someone go over there and tell the guy to connect with me so we can figure out what kind of power he needs and we can get the boy some of it ;-)

Y'all need some long range comms over deir I tink. Be more than happy to provide whatever comms support you need from there to anywhere.

73 de K5SBU
Charlie

Working hurricane keith comms with emergency nets
J
J
The crank up tower with the ham antennas behind the Belize Yacht Club belong to me. And I'm in San Diego, CA. I have a Kenwood Ham transceiver which can run on 12 volts at the BYC office. It is available to any ham down there to use for the emergency.

Reply directly to:
[email protected]

John Downing W2NA / V31DX

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.