Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6173 10/04/00 11:30 AM
C
carrie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My boyfriend (Oliver Stuart) lives on Ambergris and I talked to him this morning. He was in Belize City. His boat is one of the only ones that is up and running so he and Rico (the capn) are taxiing people back and forth from the island to the city. He said that it's pretty bad, but everyone is pulling together and getting things done. The only people he knows to be injured or lost are the ones that were on the charter boat. He said everyone else is okay. He works at the dive shop outside the Playador and it is still intact, so is the Playador, although it does have a damaged roof. He said the most damage was done to the west side of the island which I'm sure many people already knew that. I'm planning on going at the beginning of November to help and do whatever is necessary. I want to thank everyone for keeping all this info going. I hope everyone is able to come in contact with their loved ones. Just keep praying. Hopefully I will be talking to Oliver again soon so if anyone needs anything I can try to communicate through him. Love and light to everyone!

J
J
Hi Carrie,

My name is Jayson. I am Oliver's cousin. Could you please ask him about my father? The last news I heard about him was that he fell overboard while trying to take his boat to the lagoon side of the island. Should you find out anything, please let me know.
I very much appreciate it... and please tell Oliver I said Hi [Linked Image]

If you could get any information from him in respect to Fidel Ancona who lives in the back near the airstrip and above the gym.

I know he will be busy, but if he can tell any San Pedrano he talks to that Mervino (the guy that built Victoria House and ran Mervino's Hole in the Wall at the old Fido's)is thinking of all his San Pedro buddies and wishes that he could be there to help.

Mervin Key

So you've come to the tropics?
Mervino
J
J
~

Carrie,
If you wouldn't mind, the next time you talk to your boyfriend please ask him if Arden Flores is alright. Arden works for Tuff E Nuff, at the dive shop outside the Playador, we also know Rico and we are so glad he's safe. We had E-mail from Arden right before the hurricane hit, his girfriend Peggy also lives there and we hope she is safe also... We just left San Pedro a couple weeks ago and just hope and pray for everyone. Thank you so much for passing my message along.

S
S
Could you find out any information on The Tropica Beach Reosrt? How are all of the staff? Also Does anyone know about Dennis & Karen Sunderman - They have a business called "The Bun Man"? Any information would be appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I received an e-mail from Gary (Tropica's stateside contact in NJ) yesterday around 11AM. He had not had any communication with the resort at that time, but was hoping for the best.

C
carrie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I talked to Oliver again. I asked him about Jayson's dad, Joe and Wolf (Tuff E Nuff dive shop), Fidel Ancona, Arden Flores, and his girlfriend Peggy. Everyone is fine. They are all pulling together and getting things accomplished. Yeah! About Tropica, there is a new post about that. They seem to be fine.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.