Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
susangg Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I would be interested in knowing the condition of the waste disposal and sewage systems on the cayes. Are they functioning, if not, what is needed to repair and how long is it esimated to take, and in the interim, what is being done to collect and dispose of waste to prevent disease and protect public health?

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
What I know is the sewer system was basically overflowed totally. We need a little storm to flush.

Mikey said this:
there is a free clinic set up at the sunbreeze hotel. here people can go to get checked up and to get any shots they might need. they are concerned about the spread of some diseases because of poor sanitation and all the garbage everywhere.

so i believe it is a definite concern.

S
susangg Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well, it would seem to me that one of the first cleanup tasks would be to collect garbage and do some kind of a disposal effort (a controlled burn??) and get garbage pickup functioning again. If repair of the sewage system is needed, shouldn't that be a top priority? I would think that that the military contingents would be working on that one.
If the sewage system needs flushing, can't they hose sea water into it? And where does it "flush" to?
Maybe someone with expertise on this kind of thing and knowledge of what is actually being done could update us on it....
I'm glad that clinics are operating but what I'm looking for is info on what is being done to PREVENT any possible outbreaks of diseases.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Yes,I would think the worry of dysentary/hepatitis-a/cholera/others(?) would be high and a first priority in the safety arena. So many children,sitting/playing and men and women working in it...I haven't heard anything about shower facilities there. Have you?
Peace. June

I would guess that the military is working on these things, and the Belize govt. too. I was thinking the ISLAND needed flushing, not the sewage system.
We'll try to get some information here, but I'm sure they are woking their butts off on it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.